My first question is, can anybody point me to a dependable cable? I have always used and trusted LiveWire, but now either they're starting to slack in the assembly line, or I'm just putting too much wear and tear on them... either way, I'm just looking for a better cable that is REASONABLE in price... (for the record, an approximately 20' one)

Second, I need good recording software for my/my band mate's computer. Any good ones out there? Once again, not looking to put out a fortune, just something that won't suck, user-friendly, and might even gives us slightly better sound compared to the crap we use now. (I'm not sure if recording software only lets you download it to one computer like some other things, but if some do, please let me know...)

So yea, answers will be much appreciated!
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Cables: Monster. They are expensive but they're guaranteed for life, so they will replace them if they break.

Software: Audacity is a good free program. Sony Acid is good and it cost $70 us. Its what I use.
Yea, after searching a bit and reading about the replacement, I think I'm gonna go with Monster, so thanks!

Also, I already use Audacity, but is Sony Acid or any others worth the money?
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
where can u get Audacity? and what exactly is it?
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
audacity is a recording program that you use to record right to your computer. all you need besides the program is a microphone and a place to plug in said microphone. as to downloading it, i suggest google.
bullet cables
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
i love planet waves. then monster.

as for recording...meh. i hate audacity. i used that for a while but it's so one-dimensional. can be used for tracking, but really not good if you plan on using it to mix your tracks and produce it to something quality or semi-quality. i use logic, but even garageband (if you or any of your bandmates are mac users) can work pretty well.