I heard a rap bass line the other day and I never caught the name of it. It's really catchy and kind of reminds me of the bassline from "Express Yourself" by NWA. Anyone know what I'm taling about?
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire Stratocaster
Yamaha RBX 170(Custom Paint)
Yamaha MagicStomp
Dunlop MXR Distortion +
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Peavey Basic 112
Express Yourself is not an original bass line. It was from some other song but I forgot where.

Any idea of the artist or how old the song was?
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Express Yourself probably isn't an original bass line, and the new song probably stole it from NWA. Taking something much much better than you can come up with is so much more trendy in rap than coming up with something new and good. It's easier and requires less talent/energy/everything, too.

/rant

Sorry, I tried Wikipedia-ing it, but no dice. Although there is a song by the same name by Charles Wright. Maybe that's it?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I believe it samples Charles Wright's song of the same name.

edit: Just checked the two on the 'Tube, and it's definately sampled from Wright.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
rappers generally don't have bass players. their world is built on sound clips, from songs done by other artists. now if you can tell us the name of the song your asking about, we might be able to tell you what song, they stole it from. lol
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
rappers generally don't have bass players. their world is built on sound clips, from songs done by other artists.

The Roots.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I love that Charles Wright song!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Taking something much much better than you can come up with is so much more trendy in CURRENT MAINSTREAM rap than coming up with something new and good. It's easier and requires less talent/energy/everything, too.QUOTE]

Fixed

And to TS, if it is a relatively new song then I have no idea what it is. But if it was old then I would have to agree that is was the original or a cover of the NWA version.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
^yeah, forgot to add that... remember what followed your sig: '...then say I respect modern day rap.' I think SilentBob has the full version.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ Yeah, I saw that sig...I wasn't there for the original conversation though... . But snakeeyes definately make sure to let us know a little bit more about the song if you remember, but definately check out the Charles Wright song.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber