im a beginner like 3-4 weeks now and i just restringed my starcaster by fender (so its got the strat body and bridge) and everything was fine until i noticed that the whole backside of the bridge is raised like 40-45 degrees in the air, and i have no idea if it's supposed to be like that (i have a feeling its not) or not and what do i do to fix it? im kinda freakin out right now
sorry then. idk might be nothing or might have something to do with the type of strings idk
I hate my sig
idk the strings shud be the right ones, but idk how to set it back, because the whole bridge is supposed to be against the guitar right? im thinking about maybe taking it to a store and getting them to fix it for me. how much do u think it wud cost (if anything) if they wud even do it?
This is a really simple fix. Just tighten the two screws that hold the tremolo springs in place.

My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
nope making it tighter (it was already pretty tight though) doesn't really do anything. I'm gonna take a picture of the back of the bridge and upload it h/o
Looks like you need to add a couple of springs. They shouldn't cost more than $5 and will defiantly fix that problem.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ok i went to a mr music and i told the guy that my bridge is messed up and that it's raised on one end and he started telling me all this crap and i asked him if i cud bring it in so he cud fix it and for 40 bucks he wud like do everyhting like tone adjustments clean the neck clean the electrons and the whole thing. but then i explained the whole problem and he told me that i cud just buy some more tremollo springs (i only have 2... ) for like 4 bucks and he told me how to like put them in and everything, but i didnt have any money at the time just a student pass, so iill go there soon. idk why i just wrote all this but the point is that it was the tremollo springs
fixed it. now i got 5 sptings in the back tightened all the way, because i dont use a wammy bar