I have a Korg AX5G and I am wanting to switch over to individual pedals after listening to one of our recordings and realising it sounds gash lol ... sounding way too digital. I play anything from thrash metal to metalcore and I am looking for a rectifier type/ high gain sound for my distortion along with a wah, delay and chorus. I have a max spending budget of £150. What can you guys recommend for a high gain distortion , wah , delay and chorus ?? I play music similiar to the likes of Trivium, Killswitch Engage , As I Lay Dying , IKTPQ and Arch Enemy. Or if u really want to impress me and make me save some money ... someone tell me how on earth to get a good tone out of this AX5G and my Behringer EQ ... cause it just isnt happening for me
Last edited by SuicideMessiah at Sep 11, 2007,
I would suggest individual pedals over a multi fx pedal. In my personal experience i have gotten much better sounds from individual pedals
My only suggestion is to go out there and get your feet wet with the different pedals.

But you want some names, eh? Go Try out the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone and Electro Harmonix Metal Muff.

Almost forgot; the BOSS is about $90, and so is the EH.
Last edited by Silent Potato at Sep 11, 2007,
I havent really had much experience with effects pedal to be perfectly honest ... I only really use the Rectifier setting on my Cube amp when practising and the AX5G for live sound ... but since we have been gigging alot recently I have realised my sound is quite poor. But I have heard good things about the Metal Muff ... anyone got experience of it ? I am looking for a really high gain pedal and I always had the metal muff down as just a conventional metal distortion. I have also heard some good things about the Line6 Uber Metal pedal .. yet again anyone got any experience ?

Cheers
Scott
Of those three, (which I have all tried), I find the Muff to be the best. But then again, personal preference is key.

What does it for me might not do it for you.
it's going to be played thru a moddeling amp.

the cube doesnt take pedals that well TBH.

so if u try pedals, u need to try them at the store thru a cube.

and if ur almost ready to upsize ur amp. i suggest u put ur money into ur next amp instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just been watching some reviews of the Metal Muff on youtube ... compared to the demos of the Line6, Boss MT-2 and the Digitech Death Metal on their websites ... this one by far sounds the most brutal Im liking the sound coming from it. I will get myself down to the guitar store tomorrow and check it out. Now onto Delay, Wah and Chorus. I was thinking about checking out the Behringer pedals as I really like the EQ pedal I have by them plus they are cheap which is always a bonus
i have a metal muff. it's not as "brutal" as it's hyped up to be.

putting it thru a moddeling amp will be even more of a challenge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
In all honesty, upgrading pedals won't do much for your tone if you're using the pedals as your main source of tone.

You'd be best off buying a better amp and using what you have to further enhance your tone. I have a Korg 3000G and running it straight up, it's mediocre. When I use the overdrive, or boutique distortion settings, mildly mind you, I get a great sound with my boogie.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio