ok, so i play guitar in a band. we play pop punk music, with a lil emo injected in the blood. so anways i currently have a digitech distortion pedal ,and it was good for awhile, but now its not giving me the sound i want. when you play it into a distortion or an amp that isnt particularly fit for that pedal, its sounds bad. i need a pedal that will give like a deep distortion, but doesnt flang cuz i use alot of palm mute. Also somethin thatll give the high blood stinging sound. In other words, a pedal that sounds like Aiden's, WITHIN's, or even Paramoure, I also want it to sound good when oyu plug it into a less specialized amp or mixer for recording. I have a budget off 100 bux thatd i will spend on a pedal.

I know its kind of a big bill to fit. id appreciate if someone could tlel me one that would be like that.
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
wel to start off with. i realy dont like that sound of distortion but thats not going to help you.
Paramore use Orange amps and bands ike aiden use rectifiers, dua recto's are used by bands like fall out boy and other pop punk bands.

Your best bet is an orange or a dual recto, sort of sound.
The Behringer V-Amp are meant to be very good for the price (around 120) and wil probably be abe to hit the sound you want. using pedals to get youre distortion isnt a great idea. youll always end up with a really sterile sound, cheap amp modellers are youre best bet.

Dave
My Gear

Schecter C1+ Plus w/Duncan Distortion
Vester Custom Shop w/EMG KH set
Fender Mex Strat
Pod xt
Boss ME-50
Peavey 6505
Peavey Valveking

In Dying Days
www.myspace.com/indyingdays

Member #4 of the Peavey is amazing club!
Last edited by HC.Dave at Sep 11, 2007,
orange is a good choice for pop punk.
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Quote by HC.Dave
wel to start off with. i realy dont like that sound of distortion but thats not going to help you.
Paramore use Orange amps and bands ike aiden use rectifiers, dua recto's are used by bands like fall out boy and other pop punk bands.

Your best bet is an orange or a dual recto, sort of sound.
The Behringer V-Amp are meant to be very good for the price (around 120) and wil probably be abe to hit the sound you want. using pedals to get youre distortion isnt a great idea. youll always end up with a really sterile sound, cheap amp modellers are youre best bet.

Dave

I've seen Paramore's guitarists use Dual Recs.

to the threadstarter...What kind of gear are you playing through, right now?
Orange or maybe a Mesa Lonestar.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

im playin with a vintage Conrad guitar. one of those old japenese gibson rip offs. then im playing through a vintage musician Bass amp. Its not the best amp, cuz natural distortion doesnt come very well on it. but im in high school and money doesnt come easy, however i got a birthday in a month, so i can maybe get something more expensive but i want a good pedal cuz i hook up my guitar set up to the mixer directly some times, perhaps i should consider getting a good amp for shows?
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
ohh also i failed to mention my current pedal was a digitech GRUNGE distortion pedal. also rectifiers are tubes correct?
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
I would definitely think about gettin' a good amp.
I know being in high school sucks for guitar gear funds...But it can be do-able. Make friends with your neighbors, and try and do work around the neighborhood. The more friendly and helpful you are, the more jobs you'll get.
Also, maybe ask for money for your birthday.

Look to save around 500 dollars, to get a nice amp.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
That'll do you fine.

If 500 seems daunting...350 will get you something gig worthy, but it may not have enough gain for what you want.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v16-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197
The Roland Cube will get you over drums, as well.

And then there's the Peavey Windsor Studio coming out next month (Supposedly...). If it's anything like the Peavey Windsor head, it should be good for your needs.

15 watts will be good enough for shows, with enough volume to get over a drummer.

Direct to mixer sounds like a pretty awful idea, to me, haha, but if you need a good cheap distortion pedal...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-Muff-Overdrive-?sku=150082

And The Mesa Dual Rectifier is a tube amp, yes.
aha thanx dude. My amp can get pretty loud,and is okay for gigs, but doesnt get te nice colorful sound i like. Lus its a vintage and I blew some tubes the other day cranken out the jams in practice the other day. Yeah thanx and im gonna ask for money, and right now any proceeds we get for a show (haha weve only got paid once and that was for helpin and playing at a guitar hero camp thing for kids who wanna elarn how to play the guitar.) they are going to go to the guitar since we got a mixer and mics so.

but perhaps a huge problem is the recording process, we arehome recording, and it doesnt sound that great hen you get it into the computer.

so ill look into everything, and getting a new amp, cuz we are startin to line up shows. people in my area love pop punk and people who can crank out a good show. small town but huge music freaks. bein in a highschool band is hard.

thanks dudes.
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
i think like 150Hz er somethin like that i'd get it checked but a guy isordering the right tubes for it and is gonna put them in since im terrible with fixing amps.. yeah its a musicmaster bass amp. thats what its called. i think it means its meant for lower sounds so idk
God Bless Hardcore,

Matt
Interesting. Musicmaster...? As in Fender Musicmaster? Should be about 12 watts, actually, if it's the amp I'm thinking of.

Definitely get an overdrive pedal, then.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831

Or push that baby into power tube distortion with a boost pedal.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-LPB1-Power-Booster-?sku=150092

Why aren't they miking your amp at gigs?