Well i was planning on getting a JCM800, but then i came across the Marshall JVM410C. which one is better? they are both rouphly the same price so which is better for AC/DC, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and all those guys. Please stick to the question and dont recomend me Orange Rockers and stuff.
well, the jvm 410c is a combo, and is the new line of marshalls that have midi setting memory and other little extras.
The JCM 800 is the Classic rock lead amp and has been used and made famous by countless famous guitarists. the JVM will have a newer sort of sound but if your looking for a classic sort of drive than the JCM 800 is where it came from.
Basicly The JVM is the BETTER amp tech spec wise, but.....The JCM is the original sort of sound. so i guess its down to preference have a go on both.

Dave
My Gear

Schecter C1+ Plus w/Duncan Distortion
Vester Custom Shop w/EMG KH set
Fender Mex Strat
Pod xt
Boss ME-50
Peavey 6505
Peavey Valveking

In Dying Days
www.myspace.com/indyingdays

Member #4 of the Peavey is amazing club!
it's not better.

It has like 12 more channels than the 800, but this doesnt make up for the tone

(I'm not saying the tone is bad, its pretty good. A little thin and too much gain for my liking. It sounds like a JCM 900 kinda, except with more channels.)
Notice how i said the JVM is the BETTER amp TECH SPEC WISE.
My Gear

Fender Mex Strat
Pod xt
Boss ME-50
Peavey 6505
Peavey Valveking

In Dying Days

Quote by HC.Dave

but sometimes less is more
Bottom line: The 800 is going to have more balls, and overall sound better..

whereas the JVM is a bit more versatile, but a considerably sterile compared to the 800.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Yh pretty much i would take the JCM 800 anytime ,
My Gear

Fender Mex Strat
Pod xt
Boss ME-50
Peavey 6505
Peavey Valveking

In Dying Days

The JCM 800 pretty much nails what your asking for, the JVM410 is more versatile, it has four channels, but the JCM will be perfect for Van Halen, Aerosmiths, Classic Rock style music. And if you do decide you need more gain just by a Tubescreamer or an OD808 pedal.

MY GEAR: Fender HSS Standard Stratocaster, PRS SE Soapbar 2, Epiphone Valve Standard, Marshall GUV'NOR, Boss Super Overdrive, Boss DD-6 Digital Delay, Peavey StudioPro 112.
Quote by HC.Dave

oh, I didnt even see your post.

I thought I was the first post, but I guess you type faster