anyways, i am do a demonstrative speech for speech class tomorrow and i am doing it over playin guitar, i am supposed to demonstrate well, how to play guitar and i am wanting to know, what could i show them that wont be too terribly boring and can be done in under 5 mins? i was thinking some open chords or something like that but im not sure

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Show them some intersesting sounding scales like the phlygian scales and other exotic scales, also talk about the history of what your demonstrating.

Dave
My Gear

Schecter C1+ Plus w/Duncan Distortion
Vester Custom Shop w/EMG KH set
Fender Mex Strat
Pod xt
Boss ME-50
Peavey 6505
Peavey Valveking

In Dying Days
www.myspace.com/indyingdays

Member #4 of the Peavey is amazing club!
if you can do some spanish style guitar stuff thats always a crowd pleaser....and ya if your doing a speech definatly talk about the history of the instrument..and interesting facts and people over the ages and stuff
yeah that sounds good, but i dont think the whole exotic scales will work since she gives us one day to right speech and i only know the e minor pentatonic, but i love spanish style, thats probly what ill do

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by an epic mistake
anyways, i am do a demonstrative speech for speech class tomorrow and i am doing it over playin guitar, i am supposed to demonstrate well, how to play guitar and i am wanting to know, what could i show them that wont be too terribly boring and can be done in under 5 mins? i was thinking some open chords or something like that but im not sure

You could do a simple but popular song - maybe something folksy? Or a sampling of some famous riffs. Tears in Heaven, intro to Wish You Were Here, a verse from Times They Are A Changing? I dunno, those would all be simple and recognizable. You could show them the e-minor pentatonic too, if thats all you know. You could probably take up a minute or so going through the parts of the guitar. Point out the tuning gears, the neck, the nut, the bridge, the saddle, bridge pins, headstock, body, soundhole, frets, fretmarkers, etc. Comment on the wood used - particularly back, sides, and top - and it's effect on tone.