how do you make a chord? just put together strings that sound good? what makes a chord?
basically triads. the first, third, and fith note of a scale is a major triad. judging by the question you should go get some sort of theory book.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Any three or more notes played simultaneously (at the same time) are a chord.

Certain notes played together, for example, C, E, and G, have different names. Playing a C, E, and a G makes a C chord. No matter what order you play the notes in.

It's pretty simple to get at first but once you start to really get into it, it becomes confusing.
(someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this)

EDIT: I'm sure there's some good lessons on this site you could try. I'm not gonna find them for you, but you should check that out.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
chords are the root note along with other notes that compliment it. they can be somewhat random at times. but as long as you have notes that compliment the root note then you're good.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
the first note in the scale. The root of the C Major scale is C. the root of the Bb major scale is Bb. get it?
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
the first note in the scale. The root of the C Major scale is C. the root of the Bb major scale is Bb. get it?

then all triads are built off the root of each scale. Like a 5th is in relation to the root note. Its kinda hard to explain it you should probably check out a video or book on theory.
a chord is basically taken from the major/minor scale.

if you know your scales you should know your chords.

lets take C major scale for example (notes in order C,D,E,F,G,A,B)
now if you take the 1st (C), the 3rd(E) and the 5th(G) you get a Cmajor chord. and that can be done with any other scale lets say.. G major scale (G,A,B,C,D,E,F#) take G,B and D and that will give you a g major chord. look up some study on scales & how chords are formed with them