Right i am making a bass very musch similar to this one for my bassist very soon !! as in i ordered the wood yesterday and am awating it !! so i just have a few questions about the build and such !!!

1. How do i go about creating the headstock on the neck i have ideas but have looked at his other warwick and its not how the headstocks are on my bass it slightly angles back but looks like its jst been cut on a slight slant does that seem like it can be done ??

2. The electronics really are something i really dont know much about tbh !! So any help with them would be great

3. If you look at the left hand side horn on the bass (think thats what its called :s) its completely cylindrical how would i go about doing this ?? just sanding and fileing ???

i am sure i will think of other things but any help would be appreciated !!!
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
Last edited by lewbob at Sep 11, 2007,
You don't need to have it slanted back, the headstock shape will be enough(though you should do your own shape)

Google bass guitar wiring layouts, I'm sure you will find what you need.

It would be called the bass-side horn, and yea, just sand it. You probably won't get it exact, but close enough.
You should wire it like the Double Buck (3 band EQ w/ series/parallel switches for each pickup...if you put humbuckers in it)
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
yea i am gonna change the headstock a bit i think depends on what my bassist says hes the one whos playing it and paying eventually haha i will get pics up when i get the wood but i might start a new thread !!!

anyone any other suggestion????
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
Quote by Confused4930
You should wire it like the Double Buck (3 band EQ w/ series/parallel switches for each pickup...if you put humbuckers in it)

thats rather complicated aint it for somebody who doesnt get electronics haha i am doding the eact same pickup configuration as the picture so what do i need to search to find a diagram or something ??
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
you could always use a round over bit for a router. or a rasp, or carving tools to get the horn rounded.
looks like a cool project. im gettin ready to start my own right now. files and hand sanding is probably the best way to get that horn rounded right. and i dont know a ton about wiring either so i know how you feel. just keep it in this thread so ill know where it is.
files and hand sanding is a way but it is definately not the fastest or best way to do it.
Quote by tjfishrocker
looks like a cool project. im gettin ready to start my own right now. files and hand sanding is probably the best way to get that horn rounded right. and i dont know a ton about wiring either so i know how you feel. just keep it in this thread so ill know where it is.

Ok i will keep it in this thread when i get the wood i will get pics as soon as and stuff and keep my progress on this thread

Quote by tubab0y
MIMF library has a DWG file for this bass. Preview:

that picture didnt work and i cant find it on the website help ??

Edit : I forgot to mention the bridge that i am putting on this guitar isnt going to be that 2 piece its just going to be like a normal bass bridge will that cause me problems ??? thanks in advance
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
Last edited by lewbob at Sep 11, 2007,
Lol, lucky you didn't post this on the warwick forums, they would not be keen on this.
The two piece bridge just sounds better.
What sort of wood are you using for the body and the neck?
Go to MIMF.com, click on forum, register, log in, scroll down and you'll see the library. Scroll down until you see instrument templates. Download yourself a reader and then you'll find the file a little ways down.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by fortysix&2
Lol, lucky you didn't post this on the warwick forums, they would not be keen on this.
The two piece bridge just sounds better.
What sort of wood are you using for the body and the neck?

Ha ha i know amd ok soit doesnt matter that i dont use the 2 piece bridge thats ok i guess !!!! and i am using the bubinga wood for the body and neck like the real body the only reason for the neck being bubinga is i couldnt find ovangkol like the neck is normally and my bassist wants the neck the same colour as the body !!! though i might actually just dye the neck wood to give it a different colour any suggestions on the neck colour ???? darkish but not too dark ??
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
red stain.like dark red. i dunno. thats what i would do. do you want it to still go with the body?
Quote by tjfishrocker
red stain.like dark red. i dunno. thats what i would do. do you want it to still go with the body?

well y=the body is gonna stay natural i think so i want the neck to actually fit in with the wood maybe make it a bit darker than the body wood or whatever !! ideas on stain ?
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
Are you going to use a wenge fingerboard?
I like the idea of staining the neck, I'd do a green stain or something, depends on the figure on the body really. Are you doing it NT or BO?
Quote by fortysix&2
Are you going to use a wenge fingerboard?
I like the idea of staining the neck, I'd do a green stain or something, depends on the figure on the body really. Are you doing it NT or BO?

yea its a wenge fretboard that i have bought to put on it so thats all cool and its going to be a bolt on because i thought thats easier than a NT because its my first build i mean ive redone a few guitars just never built thats all !! the body is being natural wood what colour do you think i should stain the neck tho what stain would give the look of ovangkol ????
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
oh yeah also guys how do i go about wiring pickups like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-BASS-GUITAR-HUMBUCKER-PICKUPS-INLINE-PICKUP_W0QQitemZ160155144886QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so they are set up like this what other parts do i need to get and such ???
http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/basslines/501030-115.pdf

i really dont understand the wiring please help i really need to plan the wiring now otherwise i will never get this bass started never mind finished haha :P !!!?!?!?!?!?!?
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
I imagine some sort of really dark green stain would make it look a bit like ovangkol.

I'm lucky enough to own a corvette std 5 string in bubinga with ovangkol neck it's beautiful.
Quote by fortysix&2
I imagine some sort of really dark green stain would make it look a bit like ovangkol.

I'm lucky enough to own a corvette std 5 string in bubinga with ovangkol neck it's beautiful.

can you take a picture of the wiring for me as decent as you can get please just anything of the electronics cavity like also where its placed on the body and stuff would be really helpfull ????!!!!
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
http://warwick.de/ ---> support ---> wiring diagrams --> basses, then go down to corvette, and pick active or passive whatever lol.

EDIT: I can take a picture for you tomorrow if you like, but the warwick official diagram would help more, are you using the MEC 2 band eq?
Quote by fortysix&2
http://warwick.de/ ---> support ---> wiring diagrams --> basses, then go down to corvette, and pick active or passive whatever lol.

EDIT: I can take a picture for you tomorrow if you like, but the warwick official diagram would help more, are you using the MEC 2 band eq?

ah thanks for that didnt know that was there !!! and please can you still take some pictures of the back cavity and the electronics please just give me a bit extra help thought that diagram will come in handy !!! and i cant use those pickups because i cant find anywhere to buy them so i will have to try get something like them know of anything cheap like them if i am serious i dont get what all this 2 band eq stuff is anything to do with electronics has always gone over my head i dont understand anything haha !!!
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
You could always use bartolini's for pickups
Well is it going to active or passive? If you use passive pickups you won't have to futz about with ICs and batteries and such.
its definatley going to be passive as looking at the wiring diagrams for the active i actually near had a fit haha thats just to many wires for a guy that doesnt understand wiring haha !!! and are you still gonna take pics ?? need to know what the electrinics look like and where the cavity is placed please

just waiting my wood then pics will be up of it !!!
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !
Bump !!!!

What happened to those pics sorry if your busy hopefully the wood wont take long now i really want to start this project i have a small understanding of electronics now still need help tho but i am sure when i get to it i will get help anyway
CAPARISON HGS HORUS !

FRAMUS COBRA !