I just learned the solo from One by Metallica. I'm so happy because I've been playing for like a year and a week, and it's the first "advanced" solo I've learned. So my question is this, where to now? What is another song I could learn along the lines of what I just learned that is some what challenging? Thanks a lot
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
I would start learning scales and how to improvise and write your own solos. the pentatonics are a great place to start
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
dragonforce
seriously
throught the fire and flames
work at it for a bit you should get it

or some more metallica
mabey megadeth
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Fade to black outtro solo by Metallica. Ever since I learned it everytime I play a guitar at a music shop or something I play about half that solo. Look it up.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
dude theres millions that are always more advanced than a guitarist will ever be. I'm finding new ones every day. Liiiiike Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. But if you've only been playing a year i dont think your quite ready for that
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
ya i would definately learn fade to black-metallica. its an awesome song and i play it everytime i go to a music store
My gear:
gibson sg
fender stratocaster
vox AD30
crybaby wah
The Crazy train solo will help you sharpen a bunch of your skills...
Id also say *TRY* to play the solo from Sweet Child O Mine. The wah part gets a bit difficult but its one of the coolest and best solos to learn