so, at school (Catholic, I'm Atheist) we had to watch this movie, the secret, which is just so stupid, it would be funny if it was 15 minutes, sadly, its an hour and a half long!!!! it repeated the same thing over and over again, "the law of attraction" - that anything you want you will have if you with for it and believe it will happen. well, about half an hour through i proved that it was wrong - i wished, and believed that the movie would end within the next 15 minutes, but sadly, that didn't work. .

read about this so called law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

and about the movie:
http://skepdic.com/lawofattraction.html

what are your thoughts?
sup?
I hated the movie..-.-....
It made me want to choke babies.
and I watched it in church.
I call Bull****.
Never saw the movie, but it's happened to me enough in life to believe that the basic theory posed in the first line of the listing posed.

For example: on my way to work this morning, whilst in the subway, I thought, "it would be so awesome if the train just stopped and was stuck in the tunnel for a while." Then, sure enough, on my way home, the train stopped and got stuck in the tunnel, not once, but twice. As everyone was freaking out, I was just standing there laughing, It was pretty funny.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
oh yeah i know that. it's total bull. it's really weird that they made you guys watch it at school and church..
i didn't think catholics were that crazy... I've lost faith in all religions.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
i didn't think catholics were that crazy... I've lost faith in all religions.

This is what did it....not the fact that there is some mythical invisible being who lives in the sky who will send us to hell for not loving him but he loves us....

This post is seriously what made you lose faith?
Hmm...

Im Catholic.

thats all I wanted to say.

Sorry you had to watch a lame movie.
Ridiculous theory.

I want many things very, very badly and have invisioned them quite seriously, but about 75% of the time I did not get them.

This sounds like one of those things where someone invisioned something, got it, and then blamed it on the Law of Attraction. I guess the law works for how to explain it though: If you look for something, you'll find it.
Quote by 319
This is what did it....not the fact that there is some mythical invisible being who lives in the sky who will send us to hell for not loving him but he loves us....

This post is seriously what made you lose faith?

i am the thread starter, and i am atheist (as I said in the thread). i intended "losing faith" to be a pun, because that is an expression - to lose faith in something.

whatever i know it doesnt really make sense.

and i did not want to offend any one, all i wanted to do was express my hatred for this movie.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
so, at school (Catholic, I'm Atheist)

You're so hardcore.
Quote by Archaon
You're so hardcore.

i said that so people didn't think im catholic
sup?
My girlfriend's mom made me, her, and her aunt watch it. One half-hour of egotistical, narcissistic bull****. Seriously...basing a ****ing religion off of the legend of the magic lamp?

HA! HA!
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I'm sorry .

lol

but seriously, be worried about the Evangelicals...
sup?
I had no idea that had anything to do with religion. I thought it was just some stupid self-help thing. On a pseudo-related note, I've had a dvd of "An Introduction to Scientology with L. Ron Hubbard" I've been meaning to watch for a while now. It came in the mail at my dad's work so he brought it home as a joke, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
I had no idea that had anything to do with religion. I thought it was just some stupid self-help thing. On a pseudo-related note, I've had a dvd of "An Introduction to Scientology with L. Ron Hubbard" I've been meaning to watch for a while now. It came in the mail at my dad's work so he brought it home as a joke, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Just out of curiosity, is the average income really high where your dad works?
Quote by Inimical
Just out of curiosity, is the average income really high where your dad works?

Not to my knowledge. It's above average, but it's not like everyone working there is full-on rich.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the