**** no!

pennies are worthless. how often do you see people keep their change if it's only a penny?

NEVER! THEY'RE ****ING USELESS!

do you ever wonder why pennies just lay around like used condoms in the streets? it's because no one ****ing wants them. i know that i never use them. i've got a jar in my kitchen full of pennies from when i was 8. i counted out $1.50 in change, and then i gave up.

every price should end in a zero, or a five. end of story.

what do you blowholes think?
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
I had a shoe box full of pennies once, and when I counted them it came out to be more than $10. Yes, I spent my day counting pennies.
Quote by tossup

what do you blowholes think?

That this thread is completley pointless.
And that you fail.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
It actually costs more than a cent to make a penny.

But I think getting rid of them might actually be bad.(at least that's what I've heard.
Quote by BlackLuster
That this thread is completley pointless.
And that you fail.

+1

go be a penny hater somewhere else
Canada was considering doing that to eliminate pennies.

I was hoping they would do it because they're all over my desk and my dresser. They're pretty annoying since they have almost no value.

And just to add something. I remember reading somewhere that in America it actually costs more than 1 cent to make a penny lol. I never understood that. At least in Canada it costs less than 1 cent to make a penny.

And pennies are not worthless. They're worth 1 cent.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
I'm not a blowhole

damn straight
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
pennys are awesome, you just suck at life
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
pssh you obviously don't see the true value in the penny that you get screwed out on every time you but fro the grocery store or especially by gas. Companies rake in millions of off people that don't care about their pennies. Millions.
Dart of the Dragoons Pm big_deth to join
Quote by RMC06
It actually costs more than a cent to make a penny.

But I think getting rid of them might actually be bad.(at least that's what I've heard.

They're not made out of copper anymore.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
If there would be no pennies the whole money deal would be off whack. There would be no way to give exact change, and the whole purpose now for the penny is to keep it that way.

If there would be no pennies you could say bye bye to taxes too.

edit: they wanted to get rid of pennies here in a couple years ago here, i remember talking with my dad about it.
Quote by jetpelkey41
pssh you obviously don't see the true value in the penny that you get screwed out on every time you but fro the grocery store or especially by gas. Companies rake in millions of off people that don't care about their pennies. Millions.

thats true. think about it in teh long run. 1 gas station charges 95.5/litre, the otehr charges 95.6. company number 2 makes 1 cent on every litre of gas over the otehr one. an avererage car has a 50ish litre tank (thats 50 cents per car) big rigs have two 200 litre tanks so thats 4 dollars, and think abotu how many cars go through there a day. Think about it
The only use for pennies is as a means of getting less pennies.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
This thread sucks. I love pennies
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Dudage
The only use for pennies is as a means of getting less pennies.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

It's true. You use pennies in an attempt to save yourself from getting any back.

For example, let's say your change for a purchase is 87 cents. You give the clerk 3 pennies and now your change is 90 cents. You've just saved yourself from having 6 pennies.
Quote by super666fender
thats true. think about it in teh long run. 1 gas station charges 95.5/litre, the otehr charges 95.6. company number 2 makes 1 cent on every litre of gas over the otehr one. an avererage car has a 50ish litre tank (thats 50 cents per car) big rigs have two 200 litre tanks so thats 4 dollars, and think abotu how many cars go through there a day. Think about it

No, it's 95.6 CENTS. so company number B only makes .1 cents more per litre than company A. In that case, B would make 1 cent more than company A for every 10 litres, not every litre.

EDIT: to threadstarter, where do you come from? Used condoms in the streets?
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
Last edited by jimmypage27 at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by jimmypage27
No, it's 95.6 CENTS. so company number B only makes .1 cents more per litre than company A. In that case, B would make 1 cent more than company A for every 10 litres, not every litre.

EDIT: to threadstarter, where do you come from? Used condoms in the streets?

probably new jersey...
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by jimmypage27

The point still stands though that companies set up prices for their products in ways that make it possible for them to profit greatly from the use of pennies. My math teacher last year would rant once a week about the amazing value of the "half-penny." I can't remember everything that she said but it was amazing how much a company made. I believe those "3 for $.99" kind of deals also screw you out of money by making you pay more for one product than advertised, or something like. I'm tired and sore so not thinking quite right.
Dart of the Dragoons Pm big_deth to join