I've been living away from home for a year, Had to leave my main amp back home (A Marshall AVT100, sneer if you want but I like it) and got a roland microcube to take with me. Brought all my pedals too.

But it didn't feel right, the microcube is a decent little portable practice amp with alot of features, but something felt wrong in my sound.

I've been home around 2 weeks, but my family used my room as a dumping ground while i was gone and i've only just cleared enough room to set up some of my gear.

And OH MAN it felt SWEET!

After tweaking all the knobs back to how I like em through the AVT I just jammed for like an hour and a half messin about without even realising time had passed.

Thats what i love about guitar, you just get completely lost in it, playing cool little riffs and phrases you'll probably never think of again even though they sound freakin awesome. I even perfected a little lead segment i wrote for a song our other guitarist wrote that he asked of me (nothin like octave chords with a healthy dose of wah!)

Basically I can't wait to get my whole rig set up and blow the ass right out of my neighbours
Yes it is. Im playing through a ****ty fender practice amp that I always thought was a dud (it never worked like the reviews describe it), but I'm using the Weeping Demon and a Metal Muff. The thing screams, I have no idea how. It sounds like its singing and the sustain is gorgeous. I can just play some random pentatonic doodling and its like yeah, I'm the man.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Thats what i love about guitar, you just get completely lost in it, playing cool little riffs and phrases you'll probably never think of again even though they sound freakin awesome. I even perfected a little lead segment i wrote for a song our other guitarist wrote that he asked of me (nothin like octave chords with a healthy dose of wah!)

I completely understand you there, except for me it's not so much the rig as the tuning. I played in standard tuning for a year then I started playing around with drop tunings. To me it just feels "right" to play in Drop C, I can spend so much time just improvising over songs or making up little riffs like you mentioned. That is the great part about guitar to me, no matter what I have to deal with I forget it all when I'm playing.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Basically I can't wait to get my whole rig set up and blow the ass right out of my neighbours

I hate people like you.
Quote by Rancid_Punk
I completely understand you there, except for me it's not so much the rig as the tuning. I played in standard tuning for a year then I started playing around with drop tunings. To me it just feels "right" to play in Drop C, I can spend so much time just improvising over songs or making up little riffs like you mentioned. That is the great part about guitar to me, no matter what I have to deal with I forget it all when I'm playing.

i'm playing largely in Eb at the moment, it's a band thing, thats 'our tuning', but i'm into alot of gothenburg melodic death metal so i'm thinkin of havin my 2nd guitar set up for C, I think it needs a set up anyway, I think the trem springs are too tight, and the strings on it must be close to ancient.

And the dude with the metal muff and weeping demon: thats a good combo man, got the weeping deom myself, had much fun with pinch harmonics and feedback earlier thanks to that magic box. I've considered a metal muff for ages as a replacement for my MT-2, but I reckon I might be better off modding the MT-2, I've heard a modded MT-2 is freakin sweet. And actually when I pair my Bad MOnkey with the MT-2 it kinda irons out that horrid harshness in the MT-2, but i'd still rather it sounded good on its own.

I've never had any complaints from the neighbours, but i know their asses have been bown out cus of the rancid smell of **** coming from their bratty kids