I seriously cant divelope calace on my fingers, so i was wondering,are there any companies that make caps you can put on your fingertips to protect them from the strings?
?!
Stop using lotion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Lol suck it up it doesnt hurt that much dude. I play for like 2 hours and when it hurts too much i just rub some icyhot on it
dip ur fingers in pickle juice. or maybe that's apple vinegar.

rub on pebbles when not playing.

if ur hands hurt, use coated strings.

some pros add a dab of crazy glue to their fingers. *AT UR OWN RISK
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by rocknrollerman
dude are you for real if you that much of a wuss you shouldnt even play guitar

I STARTED out playing bass, where there were no problems, but my friend convinced me to play guitar too. god dammit i hate him right now, and seriously, i have excema on my ring finger on my left hand, so whenever calace divelopes, it peels off.
?!
I'm slightly confused, as in your trying to develop them and it's just not happening, or..... You don't want it to happen?

Anyways, towards your last RE, when I first started playing I was heavy into Drop D... Power chords etc etc... my index and ring finger developed lovely callus...callussssssssuss, or however it's spelled... While my pinky and are still in the stages of peeling occasionally, and it's slowly starting to stop, and build some nice smoothed out ends. My only real suggestion is, when it starts to crack/peel, don't attempt to rip off the skin yourself, the strings will usually do that for you to a certain extent, if your ripping the access skin off yourself, theres a good chance your peeling back more skin then what's actually flaked off, and I'd assume from basic understanding of how skin works , your pretty much taking away from building callusus, by taking off the hardened skin, and only damaging your fingers by stripping away a layer of skin, showing a new layer of skin, for you to repeat the process again...

This of course, is my personal opinion, either I made a really smart comment, or something that made no sense, reguardless.... I say let your guitar do the work for you, and just keep on playing, pain can and will come with playing especially early stages, rather it be your finger tips, muscles etc... Have enough heart and soul put into the music your playing to let your instrument do it's work on your fingers.

Keep it evil !!!
if you play enough, they will show. i have been playing everyday for at least 2 hours per day for the last 3 months, and i finally got them about 2 weeks ago.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
seriously you don't know anything about guitar then

icy hot will ruin your fingerboard and strings and

You can play without them
Finger strength and tougher fingertips come with time. Don't worry about it too much now. You'll eventually be able to play no problem.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by rocknrollerman
dude are you for real if you that much of a wuss you shouldnt even play guitar

And if your that rude you shouldn't be allowed to post.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
I'd be more concerned about developing proper grammar and spelling skills than how you play guitar at this point.