Page 1 of 2
I think my friend might have anemia, shes always fainting and in the hospital due to something weird with her blood and she says it started with an A. I figure it must be anemia. Does anyone here have it, and how do you treat it? How fatal is it?
Yeah, good album.

jk

I don't really know anything about this disease.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
arge i dont know! But shes always sleeping, always getting a cold, (like 3 times a month), faints randomly, looks pale at times.
um no she loves meat but she has a **** diet i think. I cant reach her on her phone but umm next time i do i should tell her to take iron pills i think.
Quote by Metalology
Yeah, good album.

jk

I don't really know anything about this disease.

Yeah, great album. And sorry, but I've never known anyone with anemia.
I think one of my friends had it, and as another user said it had to do with a low amount of iron.
I think they give you blood or something and try to raise your levels back up.

Don't know anything myself just from what I may or may not have heard.

Try looking through a place such as www.webmd.com
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
she actually has an african grand mother
shes mainly german/chinese though
Aww apparently one of my friends had a chance of having Sickle-Cell Anemia, she was so scared, I felt really bad. I hope your friend is ok.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
You sure it's not ALL?
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
Quote by Deja_Vu
Aww apparently one of my friends had a chance of having Sickle-Cell Anemia, she was so scared, I felt really bad. I hope your friend is ok.

thanks I hope so too
it doesn't help that I'm attracted to her too
are you talking about the blood thing, or the eating disorder? cuz those symptoms could be cuased by both. or there are a host of different other things that it could be. but im no doctor. like zeppelinpage4 said, webmd.com (sorry no hyperlink here)

and a thing about doctors is that their science is a lot of guesswork, and they're taught to think horses, when they hear hoofbeats. not zebras. it might be a zebra thing, like a super-rare disease or something.

EDIT: TS, you always throw me off with your gender and ID. its kinda like BassistGal in reverse :P
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Anemia is a low red blood cell count for anyone who doesn't know....

So it's not necessarily fatal. It's treatable by transfusions (assuming she's not Jehovah's Witness) and yeah.

Dragonforce? I don't even know what that is. Isn't it that Japanese card game "Dragon Force Z"?
Quote by Tranx
Anemia is a low red blood cell count for anyone who doesn't know....

So it's not necessarily fatal. It's treatable by transfusions (assuming she's not Jehovah's Witness) and yeah.

It is not necessarily just low blood count, it is just a reduced ability of the blood to carry oxygen.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
thanks I hope so too
it doesn't help that I'm attracted to her too

Ooooo ouch. That always complicates things even further. Hope everything is ok...
Quote by Deja_Vu
Ooooo ouch. That always complicates things even further. Hope everything is ok...

thanks dude
it hurts like hell she has no idea how much i care about her
She almost got hit by a car yesterday im like
Quote by Z_cup_boy
thanks dude
it hurts like hell she has no idea how much i care about her
She almost got hit by a car yesterday im like

Wow that sucks. I'd go nuts if one of my friends got hit by a car.
Quote by Deja_Vu
Wow that sucks. I'd go nuts if one of my friends got hit by a car.

yeah....ugh She drives me insane I just want her to be healthy but if she makes it to the hospital in time and they give her blood then she won't die but um can she take iron pills to help it?
I don't know, I can't say im an expert on Anemia, sorry. Maybe you could look it up on Google or something? Or ask your doctor or something, he/she should know the answer. Sorry I can't help.
lol it is ok but it seems logical if her blood is low on iron taking iron pills should help
Quote by Z_cup_boy
yeah....ugh She drives me insane I just want her to be healthy but if she makes it to the hospital in time and they give her blood then she won't die but um can she take iron pills to help it?

It all depends on the type of anemia they have. If they have iron deficiency anemia, then iron supplements can help. If it is, for example, sickle cell, I don't think there is much that can be done.
When the doctors were worried that my friend had Sickle-Cell anemia they were talking about getting a blood transfusion for her where they'd have to remove 50% of her blood?
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I think my friend might have anemia, shes always fainting and in the hospital due to something weird with her blood and she says it started with an A. I figure it must be anemia. Does anyone here have it, and how do you treat it? How fatal is it?

I had anemia last year as a result of an autoimmune disorder in my intestine which was causing me to bleed out slowly....

anyhow, she should be taking iron. and trying to figure out why....

is she emo???
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
woah wtf ^^^she isnt emo you idiot
i just read about sickle cell anemia i dont think she has that
Quote by Deja_Vu
When the doctors were worried that my friend had Sickle-Cell anemia they were talking about getting a blood transfusion for her where they'd have to remove 50% of her blood?

That could work, but it is dramatic and risky.

Sickle cell is misshaped red blood cells. Whereas normal cells are slightly ovular (I think...), Sickle cells look like a 'C'. It makes them less efficient at carrying oxygen.

Quote by Kid Fisto
is she emo???

Nice attempt at a joke, fucktard.
Yeah I know what it is, but as you said, removing 50% of her blood seems kinda dangerous... Would losing that much blood be enough to kill you?
Ooooh, well that's a relief then. But hopefully TS's friend is gonna be just fine.

Anyway, I have to get to work on homework and stuff. I hope your friend gets better TS.

And Dirge Humani that was very informative stuff you told me, thanks.
Quote by Freddedonna
Maybe it's AIDS?

aids is not funny.

please gtfo my internets.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
thanks to everyone that has replied with an educated and mature response, I thank you all very much
I get so worried
If she has anemia, her red blood cell count is low. It's most commonly caused by an iron deficiency. It's not fatal, but anemic people become sickly, brittle, and pale. They also get sick really easily.
yes she gets sick so easily argh i should tell her to buy iron pills..that aids infested little pansy
/rant
im jk but yeah
Quote by Trabo
Are you a lesbian?

that isnt the issue here but yeah for her I am.
Page 1 of 2