Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
about 2-4 hours a day, this is during school though
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Last edited by EndOfNothing656 at Sep 11, 2007,
i try to get at least 5 hours a day
to that guy who siad 10
that was my summer shedule
i actully have a record of 27 straight hours during the summer
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
to that guy who siad 10

lol holy crap how the hell do u play for 27hrs straight?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
when i dont have school usually about 5 hours. when i do about 3.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I signed up late for classes and got some that are spaced apart, so I get in some good 6 hours during the day, then stay up at night to play another 3. I practice a bit on weekends, but usually I just spend them jamming, playing new songs, and writing, which I don't count as serious practice.
during the summer and weekends i can just sit down and play all day if im not doing anything
so anywhere between 6-8 hours
and during school i can do 3-4
2-3 hours a day on school and baseball days getting home 7:00PM or later. Weekends usualy all i do, so 12 hours maybe a day on weekends
Quote by EndOfNothing656

he time warped, if he could do 200 more nps he'd be able to do 63 hours a day.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I'm not hardcore about guitar like lots of other people here, so I just practice until I get bored or until I finish what I wanted to learn (which is usually a song).
But seriously, it depends. Some days i'm only working on singing, some days i'm not doing either, some days i'm obsessive with guitar. Anywhere from 2-6 hours.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by EndOfNothing656

You pick up your guitar, look at the clock, and dont stop playing untill 27 hours has past.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
practice or play, cause i never really practice im using just playing/ writing, usually about 3-4 hours
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
it depends on ure mood, and wats goin on
i usually get 3 every day of the week, cuz of weekends im usually only home 5 hours a day
depends on the day, anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, no matter how much u play ull always improve especially if ur learning scales or new chords or a song, it varies for a lot of people though
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
to that guy who siad 10

You see....there is a point in time where where practicing guitar goes from "cool/constructive" to "get a job you bum".

I believe you have passed this point.

Also, man you could so kick my ass in a guitar-off
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy trying to balance school, wrestling, and guitar.. so I can only get about 2 hours or less of good practice. In the summer though, I would practice 6+ hours a day.
Lately, not so much. My school is getting terribly late now, and Im to tired in the morning to do a full hours work of practice. Lately, its been half hour to 2 hours. Yeah I know, it sucks. But, once I get more settled in, I'll practice around 3 hours. One in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. It will be pretty dice.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
-About 1-3h.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
3-4 hours on school days, 6-7 on weekends, holidays- all day..

my record is 13 hours..
MD5K
IBANEZ
i play about 1 hour a day, sometimes less, but when i'm really stuck into learning stuff for a grade it will be about 3 hours.
I sing and play. I practice like for 3 to 4 hours daily excluding the time I play infront of audience and friends...
I often wonder where some peoples social lives go to... Is giving up a social life really worth being able to play the guitar a bit better? I get 3-5 on weekends and 1-2 on school days.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by Peanut1614
I often wonder where some peoples social lives go to... Is giving up a social life really worth being able to play the guitar a bit better? I get 3-5 on weekends and 1-2 on school days.

i would chose being with friends over practising guitar anytime, although i don't really practise guitar, i just play songs.
I play whenever I'm not doing anything, mainly in the evening. But I do have a life, so 15 hours or something a day is just ludicrous!!!
For classical guitar I like to get 1 hour or 1 hour and a half but generally it's nearer the first than the second. For my electric guitar, I don't really practice properly which I should. I just mess around and learn new things...or not.

Remember, 10 minutes done properly is better than 1 hour done horribly.
Last edited by confusius at Sep 12, 2007,
I really need to practice, I spent 5 years doing an hour-an hour and a half of classical religiously , but I've slacked off now and got distracted by bands and stuff. I really need to practice some more again. I've never really done uber-marathons though, at most 3 hours of actual scales, arpeggios, pieces. I've sat noodling on electric for whole days, but that isn't really practice.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join