The Flexwaves sound good but there is no point in buying a $500 flexwave halfstack.

Just by the 65watt version if you need something loud and good toned.

If you need a halfstack, save up at least $1,000.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by seljer
need moar tubes

Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Do you really need a half stack? Tube combo's not only sound better, but are loud enough to gig with. I'm not saying that the Flexwave is bad, just that for the money, you could buy something that sounds a lot better that just wouldn't be a half stack. Even if for some reason the tube combo wouldn't be loud enough there would definately be a PA.
Another option would be to get a tube head, and a 2x12 cab for now.

Sine your not talking about a cheap 5-10w practice amp, I'm just against SS because for that kind of money you could always get a tube amp. And tube amps sound a lot better for that style of music and you'll be happier in the long run.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
Do you really need a half stack? Tube combo's not only sound better, but are loud enough to gig with. I'm not saying that the Flexwave is bad, just that for the money, you could buy something that sounds a lot better that just wouldn't be a half stack. Even if for some reason the tube combo wouldn't be loud enough there would definately be a PA.
Another option would be to get a tube head, and a 2x12 cab for now.

Sine your not talking about a cheap 5-10w practice amp, I'm just against SS because for that kind of money you could always get a tube amp. And tube amps sound a lot better for that style of music and you'll be happier in the long run.

yeah when it comes to amps and all that, i know nothing. I just happened to come across this and it looked like a bargain. Is there anything in particular that you would highly recommend for that price or less?
Quote by JordanRRR
yeah when it comes to amps and all that, i know nothing. I just happened to come across this and it looked like a bargain. Is there anything in particular that you would highly recommend for that price or less?

What exactly do you need it for? Are you gigging? Band practice? Bedroom jamming? or just want a tonal upgrade?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
What exactly do you need it for? Are you gigging? Band practice? Bedroom jamming? or just want a tonal upgrade?

that, and if you could name some specific bands we might be able to further help, i take it your looking in about the $500 price range?

As far as tube/SS differences you should really read the FAQ in this Gear Section which goes into the specifics, but generally tubes are warmer, and are preferred in most types of music [the exception is like Jazz and country]. When tubes are overdriven the sound better and better, where as if you over drive a SS amp it will start to clip and sound nasty. Also, a tube amp at the same wattage is roughly 2-2.5 times as loud as it's solid state counter part. so basically a 30w tube amp will sound about as loud as a 70w SS amp. Most people on here will tell you a tube amp sounds much much better than most SS amps. One downside though is tube amps cost more.

As far as the half stacks, you can definately get a 2x12 tube combo that will me more than loud enough to gig with. It's a misconception that only half stacks are loud enough considering with the same wattage a 2x12 to a 4x12 you gain about 3dB.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by MESAexplorer

band practice, bedroom jamming and hopefully gigging in the near future.. so pretty much for everything. also, thanks for all the info everybody! i really appreciate it.
crates pretty much such.....i had a 120w combo and in the summer i was practicing with the band...and it over heated and never worked again......there not quality products....i mean it waqs a hot day ..but i was only playing at like 4-5 on the volume knob and it over heated while my friends old as hell randall 2x10 combo still was working and mine was built in 05..yeah not good
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3