Yeah, as the title says, I found this amp out in our shed recently, and am curious as to the possible uses for it.

It's a Realistic solid state of some sort, says "P.A. Amplifier" on the front, appears to have a 100 Watt output. It's got four input jacks in the back, and the front a level control for each one, plus an AUX level. Has output for two speakers, 4 ohm total output.

So, uh, what the hell is this thing, and would it be worth finding a speaker cabinet for it?

Last edited by Wulver at Sep 11, 2007,
its a p.a amp, its for your vocals. its not for your guitar...
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
well, fair enough, at least it has a potential use....

guess the mic jacks on the back should've clued me in...
Quote by Wulver
well, fair enough, at least it has a potential use....

guess the mic jacks on the back should've clued me in...

The fact that each channel is listed as "Mic 1", "Mic 2", ect didn't tip you off?
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
dunno, found it kinda odd, but I was primarily using it as a mixing board of sorts, running multiple instruments into my computer's recording program. probably should've made me realize, yeah.
Quote by Wulver
dunno, found it kinda odd, but I was primarily using it as a mixing board of sorts, running multiple instruments into my computer's recording program. probably should've made me realize, yeah.

Thats pretty cool, I didnt think you could use it like that.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
Well, it's not entirely effective, you can get some unwanted distortion, but all things considered it works decently enough. Those pics I took, the computer is literally right beside the thing. I'll probably keep using it as that for as long as I need it.

Main reason I made the thread was to see whether or not I could get away without buying an amp for potential future gigs. If nothing else, we'll have something for the mics now....