hey, i have a strat copy (but its wired the same as a fender) and i was wondering how to remove the tone knobs. i always have em at 10 so they seem sorta usless just being there lol. Do i just unsolder them from the pickup selector? and also, how do i get the plastic knob off the pot is it just on there really tight or would it hurt the guitar to just yank em off with a pair of pliers? Well anyway theres a few questions in there and any answers would be appreciated, thanks!
cut all the wire on ur tone pot. thats it.

u can yank it off with a pair of pliers if you don't need them. but pliers might damage the knob itself.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
hehe, learn to spell stratocaster!

i guess you can just cut the wires, that would seem to work. wrap a t-shirt or something underneath the knob and pull the clothe all the way around, then yank up on it.

and hell yes for no tone knob! i dont like them either. they get in the way of all the cool switching options you can mod up.
lol? real stratocaster players make the tone knob useful by swapping the electronics. cuz when it's stock, its sounds too muddy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard