I recently started a new band with a girl who lives down the hall from me at college, and apparently we're pretty good, according to people in our school. We play on the street a lot, getting money from drunk people, since it's a two-college town with 8 bars. Anyway, here's the myspace:

Six Strings In Debt

I'll do my best to C4C but I can't make many promises with my bad internet connection up here. Thanks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
this is some sweet stuff, she is a good singer, she does a bit too much of that deep Alanis Morsette thing, but besides thats great stuff.

here is my band, looking at your music influences, you won;t like it, but hey, ya never know.

www.myspace.com/distinguishedgent1emen
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
^ I checked it out, and it's definitely not my style, but I can appreciate the talent that's a part of it. You guys are really good.

I'll be adding a third song to the myspace tonight, and it's by far my favorite that we've written, so be sure to check it out and keep the feedback coming!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
bad, just so u know what I'm coming from. Listen to THIS . that is good acoustic music.

EDIT: No that isn't my band or anything so its not a c4c sort of thing.
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Sep 13, 2007,
I'm sorry that my band doesn't sound like you think we should. Either tell me what you think we're doing wrong, or leave.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm sorry that my band doesn't sound like you think we should. Either tell me what you think we're doing wrong, or leave.

well you cant really make me leave, but fair enough..

The acoustic guitar, especially in the first song is reallly boring. spice it up, i dont mean spanish guitar, but you have two members so try and utilize both guitars. The more instruments you have the more original the music can be.

One problem I hear a lot is when people try and play an acoustic as if it is an electric, so they have "duel solo" or something weird like that acoustic. Not saying acoustic guitars cant solo together and what not.. but certain things are just better sounding on either electric or acoustic.

The main thing that made me think "ew" was her voice, sry sry. I'm not one to know what it would sound like with lessons, like if she has potential and just doesn't refine it.
I never ever sing really, it just doesn't interest me so i don't really have much to say other than it wasnt to my liking.
Well that's better, so thanks. The thing is, there's only one guitar. She doesn't play, she just writes guitar parts and I perform them. A few people have suggested that she take a few lessons to try to refine it, but she's kind of against it. I don't know, it's her choice. I suppose we're going for more of a raw sound, we play on the streets usually. What we have now is basically some demo stuff that we recorded at 3am in our hall lounge at school. We have many more songs, some of which have more intricate guitar parts that you may like better, who knows. Once I get a keyboard at school, I'll start incorporating that, to flesh things out. Not to look like I'm making excuses, but we've actually only known each other for a week and a half. Sorry if my response was totally uncoordinated, it's 3am over here.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
Well that's better, so thanks. The thing is, there's only one guitar. She doesn't play, she just writes guitar parts and I perform them. A few people have suggested that she take a few lessons to try to refine it, but she's kind of against it. I don't know, it's her choice. I suppose we're going for more of a raw sound, we play on the streets usually. What we have now is basically some demo stuff that we recorded at 3am in our hall lounge at school. We have many more songs, some of which have more intricate guitar parts that you may like better, who knows. Once I get a keyboard at school, I'll start incorporating that, to flesh things out. Not to look like I'm making excuses, but we've actually only known each other for a week and a half. Sorry if my response was totally uncoordinated, it's 3am over here.

well if you have better songs, put them up. Best is always first, grab their attention and never let go. Nobody should ever deny improvement, it might be a bit of a blast to her ego (if girls even have that) saying she might want to take lessons, but tell her you will get lessons too. Even HUGE major record label shredder guitarists take lessons from time to time to learn new things, refine their skill, and just stay sharp.
We have other songs, some people favor some over the others. Right now this is all that we have recorded, but we have another session later this week, so there will be more material soon. Like I said, we are a primarily live band, and we play in cafes and on the street for money, so that we can afford dinner. I actually just added 'I Saw The Light On' tonight, since I believe it is our best song, but everyone has a different favorite. I just put the link on UG to see what people thought about it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass