Tell me the natural rhythm of these words in whatever time signature it works best for, thanks.

Flying away in summer rain.
Sleeping tonight up in the sky.
Off to somewhere else again.
Sometimes wondering why.

I think, as I wait for sleep to come,
it seems to me, we all are on,
an ancient flight to the morning sun.
I study the scenes, and write my songs.

Thanks in advance.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
The most 'natural' rhythm is the way you speak it if you read it out. You can make lyrics fit in many (any?) time signatures, so it's best to experiment and see which gives the feel you're looking for. You could consider giving important words longer time values to emphasise them.

Personally I think 3/4 would work well for those, with a slow acoustic ballad feel, but it's your song
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
When I read it I got rhythm a lot like cat's in the cradle by Harry Chapin/Ugly Kid Joe...dunno if that's what you were aiming for though
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm, I think that if you are going to do that sort of thing, you want to first think of a rhythm. For example in your first line, if you were to do stress-unstress sylables, then it wouldnt scan, and throughout it I cant see a uniform rhythm.

I would first decide whether to do it with a shuffle beat or something else first, and then fit your words into it. That way it may sound a bit nicer, as it will scan easier.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.