That article fails to mention the very important fact that it is possible for white tiger's to be born naturally. Saying they don't exist in nature is a lie, they are just rare.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Ive seen one.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
IIRC they're like albino's. A genetic error so to speak. Those occur more often when inbreeding, but they do exist in nature. The white ones usually die more quickly though (survival of the fittest, no mates, etc)

That's why they're rare.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by Kailoq
IIRC they're like albino's. A genetic error so to speak. Those occur more often when inbreeding, but they do exist in nature. The white ones usually die more quickly though (survival of the fittest, no mates, etc)

That's why they're rare.

exactly, they can exist in the wild because its a natural mutation.

Thing is, the mutation probably would have died off by now if it wasn't for people inbreeding them
There is no species of white tiger. They are, however, a naturally occurring quirk of nature. And they do exist - I met one called Bones once.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
^^The point about mutation is that it can't die off - there's a gene floating around somewhere in the tiger's helix that says, "This tiger will/will not be coloured". Normally it makes them coloured, but the option will always be there for them to have been white. So while the whole species doesn't swing that way, there will always be albinos.

hmmm, that makes perfect sense actually. i never really thought about that before, but it sounds like it must be right.

it's called a siberian tiger, just because it's not completely white doesn't mean it doesn't exist dummies
Last edited by lol internet at Sep 12, 2007,
I've seen them at the toronto zoo lots when I was a kid.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
whoops that was intended for JD red LP :S

Explain this then!

*hides his paint bucket behind his back*
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by miss_muso~
whoops that was intended for JD red LP :S

I got it when I read it, "died off" was the wrong choice of words. But I can't think of anything else

The gene that makes the tiger white comes with all of those birth defects mentioned in the article and they can't blend in as well making it easier for their prey to see them. All of these disadvantages would lead to the Tigers that are white dying off (without human intervention) and less Tigers carrying the gene would be reproducing (because there would be less White ones). After hundreds of years the gene will be so rare you could almost say it "died off". I know it can still be carried, but for a tiger to even carry the gene one of its parents had to have the gene first. Natural selection/evolution at its finest, I mean how many people do you see walking around with tails? Do you know anyone that doesn't have any wisdom teeth (like they weren't born with any, and yes there are people like this)? Those are traits we have grown out of because they were no longer needed (though they aren't life threatening).

I'm no expert on this stuff though so I could be partially wrong
thyre like ginger people in humans.....but the other way round
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Hard to explain the white tigers in Taronga zoo in Australia then isnt it? They most certainly exists. Whether they are a seperate species than other tigers is debatable, but they definetely do exist, after all, what would i have gotten a photo taken with when i was 10?
Quote by Kestral
Hard to explain the white tigers in Taronga zoo in Australia then isnt it? They most certainly exists. Whether they are a seperate species than other tigers is debatable, but they definetely do exist, after all, what would i have gotten a photo taken with when i was 10?

A leopard.

But I'm pretty sure I saw them in World of Warcraft.. That means they must exist.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by lol internet
FUCK THE ALLIANCE!

pussy emo night elf faggot!

UNDEAD AND ORC ONLY

Yeah, cause Blood Elves are really metal.

I don't actually play the game.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yeah, cause Blood Elves are really metal.

I don't actually play the game.

lol I play BE
Quote by Jack Off Jill
A leopard.

But I'm pretty sure I saw them in World of Warcraft.. That means they must exist.

Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Pfft, I saw some when I went to the Isle of Wight.

Needless to say, they're not that rare.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."