Ok so I'm just learning how to play guitar, ive been playing bass for 4 years so that helped me a bit, but I'm really into the Acoustic genre's for guitar playing. I play mostly City and colour, snow patrol, pink floyd (aka wish you were here) and Red Hot chili peppers. I'm leaning more towards the area of City and colour and snow patrol mainly because i want to start singing and i find it easier to sing over these bands. but anyways to my question! Could you guys (and gals) reccomend me some songs to play with a capo at the 2nd, 4th, and 6th fret (and any inbetween haha). I've given you a breif idea to what kind of songs i enjoy playing so any help would be appreciated. and yes i have looked through the Songs list thread here and it helped me a bit, but som enew input and reccomendations would be great!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
just take any of their songs and capo them on the 2nd, 4th and 6th?

works for me
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
well i meant songs that are 'spose to be played capo'd haha
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

ahhh

fair enuf

i think u'll be lucky to find many snow patrol songs that are capoed. dont know much about city and colour though
Quote by Ed Hunter
i'm guessing that most snow patrol songs aren't capo'd
but i still enjoy playing em
and city and colour mostly capos
i think he capos 5 songs out of 11?

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

yer not much snow patrol is capoed. they use mostly standard.

really ... 5 out of 11... crap thats a fair few
Quote by Ed Hunter
You should try listening to some City and Colour
Dallas has an amzing voice and pretty neat guitar riffs

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Oasis - Wonderwall
Spill Canvas - The Tide
The Lyndsay Diaires - Whispers of a long goodnight
The Calling - Wherever you will go
Dashboard Confessional - Dusk and Summer
Sister Hazel - All for You
Sense Field - Save Yourself
Check out Travis, they have stuff that sounds good acoustic and they capo a lot. Specific songs: Walking in the Sun, Side, Driftwood...there's more I can't think of off the top of my head, but anyway, Travis.

Jesus, Etc. by Wilco, it is such a lovely song. Capo on 5th but I find it sounds better on 4th

You mentioned RHCP, they've got that ace song Slow Cheetah that asks for a capo on 6th.
almost every song sufjan stevens creates uses the capo, including:

Chicago - 7th fret
Casimir Pulaski Day - 1st fret
John Wayne Gacy Jr. - 2nd fret

other notable tunes:

Matt Nathanson - All We Are, Come On Get Higher
The Fray - How to Save a Life, Look After You
Howie Day - Collide
Third Eye Blind - Deep Inside of You

^ these are all super-easy tunes-- they sound good and you shouldn't have much trouble playing them.
Cannonball - Damien Rice - 6th Fret

Nice and simple, good for a new guitar player, even if you have learnt bass for ages.
Quote by ndakasimba
almost every song sufjan stevens creates uses the capo, including:

Chicago - 7th fret
Casimir Pulaski Day - 1st fret
John Wayne Gacy Jr. - 2nd fret

other notable tunes:

Matt Nathanson - All We Are, Come On Get Higher
The Fray - How to Save a Life, Look After You
Howie Day - Collide
Third Eye Blind - Deep Inside of You

^ these are all super-easy tunes-- they sound good and you shouldn't have much trouble playing them.

Didn't know you were a Matt Nathanson fan. like his new album?

i'm seeing him at the roxy in boston in october and I'm pretty psyched.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^^ the new album is fantastic. i just found out about him recently, so that's all i've heard thus far. i was really hoping to see him in D.C., which is a 45 minute car ride from here, but i don't think it's gonna work out. can you recommend any of his other records?
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles (7th fret. Not what you asked for but everyone likes it)
America - Simon and Garfunkel (2nd fret)

And I just feel I have to throw this one in-

Hot Capo Stew - Trace Bundy (2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 9th frets... all at the same time and all removed by the time you finish the song)

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw15zgMMq9M&mode=related&search=
Quote by ndakasimba
^^ the new album is fantastic. i just found out about him recently, so that's all i've heard thus far. i was really hoping to see him in D.C., which is a 45 minute car ride from here, but i don't think it's gonna work out. can you recommend any of his other records?

I'll send you a PM...as to not highjack this thread too much more.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Hey You - Pink Floyd
Wonder Wall- Ryan Adams
Wonder Wall- Oasis
Hotel California- Eagles
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory