i play in a pub session but i find that when i'm playing tunes the sound gets drowned out, can anyone advise me on a good electro acoustic guitar, i'm looking for a dreadnought for flatpicking. And as i say my price range is about £700-£800. Thanks alot !
Taylor, Martin, Simon and Patrick.

You can get some decent guitars in that price range.

Whereabouts do you live?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Breedlove.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Rankles
Taylor, Martin, Simon and Patrick.

You can get some decent guitars in that price range.

Whereabouts do you live?

He quite obivously lives behind the sun. Threadstarter, when purchasing your guitar, be aware of the fact that delivery will cost billions of pounds.
yeah, i was already thinking about martins and taylors, if anyone could suggest some models that would be cool. cheers guys.
Expect us to do all your work for ya?

I'd recommend a Pro or Atlas series Breedlove. Something like: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Breedlove-Pro-Series-C25CR-Herringbone-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=513470
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
have you considered avalon? they're a decent northern irish guitar maker. check out silver/gold series
"Anytime but now
Anywhere but here
Anyone but me
I've got to think about my own life
The world is not our facility
We have a responsibility
To use our abilities to keep this place alive," said ian mackaye
Taylor 210E.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Farida D62 AN

will be PERFECT

just go to dawsons and try it out

you wont be disapointed
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
You might get more bang for your buck buying a Breedlove. Martins and Taylors make excellent guitars obviously, hence their reputations, but at the sub-$1000 level the "other" companies often make superior guitars. Thats just what I've found to be true - it could be very wrong. You could look into Seagull, I'm a big fan of them. I don't use electronics though so I'm not sure what they offer in that department.

Ovation makes very good acoustic-electric guitars. You just have to be aware that they don't have the same "acoustic" sound when unplugged. I still think they sound good but some people hate 'em. Not to mention the carbon fiber ones would be a good solid guitar for a pub atmosphere which can get pretty wild.

Ooh, Alvarez too. Check out their Yairi line, you might find something very nice. I guess really the best thing for you to do would be go into a store, tell them you want to try every decent guitar under $1000 with electronics. Specify what exactly you're looking for in tone, nut width, top wood, etc. For most stores thats a pretty decent sell and they'll accommodate you. You'll try a bunch of guitars and hopefully find a gem.
Breedlove Pros are over £1000 here (believe me i've checked).
So if you're gonna go for a breedlove then you're looking at a high end atlas (£700-£800).

I'd buy one if i could be bothered to spend that much on acoustic at the moment, but I have car insurance and strings to pay for at the moment so I'm looking at maybe half a breedlove XD.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH