Page 1 of 2
Well this one has been in the back of my mind for a few days now so i guess il ask.

Should i buy an ESP LTD MH-400NT or a Schecter C-1 Classic?

Both looks great. I play mostly 80's metal and the MH-400 looks badass but the C-1 classic has lots of versatility. I like the MH-400 because of its metal look but if i buy it then I'll be limited to playing metal on it (In a way). i also love the C-1 classic look. So for me they are evenly matched, a dead heat.

if you were in my position which one would you buy?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
IBANEZ!!
personally tho, id go for the schecter
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I've already looked at ibanez and none of them had everything i wanted. Either they had a trem which i didnt want or wasnt a set neck (I want an easy to reach upper fret-ness that i love).
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
I've already looked at ibanez and none of them had everything i wanted. Either they had a trem which i didnt want or wasnt a set neck (I want an easy to reach upper fret-ness that i love).

Yet they do have an AANJ (all access neck joint) so the upper frets are quite reachable.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Go with the Schecter C-1 classic. I am actually going to buy one in a couple weeks. I've played it at the local shop so many times. Its just an overall good guitar that can be adapted to basically any music style. And it looks ****ing great! ( I love the vine inlay.)
I like the ESP.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Go for the ESP. I own a MH-400NT and you will not be limited to play only metal. It even can produce a sort of bleusy and crunch tone.

Oh,, and it play's like hell
I guess it will come down to how i like each one's playing abilities. It will be hard to find a C-1 classic anywhere nearby but i can find the trem version of the MH-400 locally, il have a play of that if its still there in a couple of weeks.

This is a really hard decision!
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I make teh loves to my schecter

seriously though, get the Schecter. Much more bang for you buck, and you might need the versatility later.
WTLTL 2011
The ESP. They are excellent: Good quality, sound great, great to play etc etc. you get the picture
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
So its 3 schecter and 5 ESP (Please correct me if I'm wrong, i just got home and am a little tired).

Anyone else want to comment? for me its still a dead heat because they both have their high points.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The JB would work pretty well for 80's metal (but not much else).

I'd probably get a C-1 Elite/Plus and then buy new pickups for it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Meh, everyone plays ESP and Ibanez, so break from the pack and get a Schecter or Jackson. (Or Washburn even.)
Schecter no contest, I have the C-1 classic is it is THE best guitar I've ever played. And I have play many high-end Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Deans Ect.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Schecters are top quality for the $$. You can't go wrong.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
much of a muchness i'd have thought. for all you know, they might even be made in the same factory.

if it were the 1000 series versus schecter, i'd go for the 1000 series. however i haven't tried the 400 series, i'm not sure exactly where they fit in in the quality stakes...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Between those two only, the Schecter. If you have the money to get a better one, ESP.
Quote by RAZORBACK GOD
Get the ESP.

Your powers of persuasion should be commended.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
he was probably trying to do the jedi mind trick when he said that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
qualitywise, they're both pretty much the same. Apart from that, personally I love the sharp/long "horn" look of the MH, compared to the shorter horned schecter C1s or similarly, like those ibanez sz/sa.

Neckwise, I found that Schecter's necks are a lil more beefy compared to the LTD's thin U. But nothing excessive like Gibson or Ibanez though.

Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by Dave_Mc
much of a muchness i'd have thought. for all you know, they might even be made in the same factory.

if it were the 1000 series versus schecter, i'd go for the 1000 series. however i haven't tried the 400 series, i'm not sure exactly where they fit in in the quality stakes...

Schecter is owned by ESP, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by Extant
Schecter is owned by ESP, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually, Schecter and ESP are two separate companies owned by Hisatake Shibuya.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Close enough.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by Mark G
I make teh loves to my schecter

seriously though, get the Schecter. Much more bang for you buck, and you might need the versatility later.

why would you buy the schecter for the versatility, then put in the exact same pickups as the LTD has?

LTD all the way. Its just better.
get the SCHECTER!!! what a stupid question... the esp's don't even compare to the versatility... i have a classic c-1 in the tansparent blue finish and i play everything from eric clapton to arch enemy with the stock pups!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
get the esp i have a kh-202 and love it and ive played tons of higher end esp its my brand
i hear alot of ppl saying get shecter for versatility but if he pretty much only plays 80's metal go esp cause thats what i play and i love esp's for it.
13 / 11 schecters way. This is very very touch! schecter can do everything where as the MH limits me (Looks wise mostly anyway).
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Go with the Schecter but the C1 Hellraiser, this one has better pickups and sounds better than the Classic.
"Better" pick-ups? not necessarily. it has Different pick-ups but i like the sound of the JB / Jazz (Or is it a JB & 59'?).

Either way im still flat out trying to make this decision.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
13 / 11 schecters way. This is very very touch! schecter can do everything where as the MH limits me (Looks wise mostly anyway).

i wouldn't trust a poll, or at least the number of responses. Not everyone's opinion is equal. How many schecter fans in here have tried esps? how many esp fans have tried schecters? how many schecter haters have tried the one-in-a-thousand lemon, and sworn off them because of that. and vice versa for esp?

Not to mention that at the end of the day feel is personal preference, so just because someone else prefers, say, schecter, doesn't mean you will...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah thats a given. Thats why for me its still a dead heat. Thing is i wanted to get a generalization.

I doubt i can find a schecter classic as my local schecter dealers only seems to stock the cheep ones (Except a blackjack 7 string.)
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
yeah, that's the problem we all face. i guess you should try what you can, and make the best decision you can with the information available... that's all any of us can do.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2