Page 1 of 2
I really want to learn how i've been told you can totally control your dreams and do anything you want and it's totally real. Anyone know how?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
If I knew how, I'd be doing it at this moment to be sexing some woman dressed as a clown.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
This probably isn't much help as I'm not posting a link but I recall reading a long ass article on the net about lucid dreaming. A thing I remember is that it said after reading the article your mind would be somewhat set to induce lucid dreaming and thinking about it before falling asleep would thus help a lot. So look for some random informative article like a wiki and best luck to you.
:S i need to learn
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
There was a massive thread on lucid dreaming before search for it!
Ive done it once it was sooo good i was at some place with some mates and i go 'no wait.. **** im in a dream i can do whatever i want!!' and proceeded to run over to an oncoming car and punching it and it flew into the sky and away and i danced and ran around then i woke up
waking up is so freaky, because you usually cant move i read after a lucid dream so when my eyes opened and i couldnt move my body i tried to scream and no sound came out then all of a sudden i jerked upwards and everything was sweet
i told some friends and they were like 'um k.. thats pretty freaky'
yeah
its heaps fun but id forgotten all about it until now when i saw this thread
thanks!
im gonna try
what you do is think to yourself 'im gonna lucid dream tonight, im going to control what i see and do' and it took me about a week or something and it happened but also when you wake up in the mornings after not lucid dreams keep a log, or try and remmeber what happened with all your might and think about it so you dont forget i didnt keep a log i just imbedded it into my mind and dreams are really cool when you think about them so yeah keep on truckin
yeah mate
You dont need pants for the victory dance!
I can do it from time to time but my mind has to be clear before i go to sleep and be getting a good long sleep.
I've done it 3 times.

I've made a door explode to get into a building that I didn't have a key card to, and the last 2 times, I woke myself up by shutting my eyes in the dream and opening them.

I really wish I can do it again and do something amazing like tour with Slayer.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I did it once before I even knew what it was.

I was in my grandparents' house and they were standing outside staring at the sky. I ran over to them and saw nothing, so I walked back to the door and realized that I was dreaming. So I started yelling "I'm dreaming I'm dreaming! **** you guys, this is a dream AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Then I woke up.
This reminds me have any of you guys slept and been thinking I bet that *insert something to ha[ppen" happens and it does is that the same thingt?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I do it from time to time.

A dream is a mix of events that have happened, and what you would like to happen. So before you go to bed, just think about whatever you want to dream about. However, those past events will be incorporated somehow into it.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
I did it last night somehow, the dream was getting really boring and I was sat in the pub, but then I imagined myself to be playing the guitar to everyone like in Back to the Future and it really happened. Awesomeness ensued.
I can do it basically whenever, and let me say, it is awesome. Weird story, but of all people, my dad and I got into a conversation about it. He said that he could do it at will, so I asked him how. He said that when you are in the actual dream, you have to first remember that you are really dreaming, and then you can go from there.

Well what I've found works well is doing that, then literally going through the thought process of "Hey, I am dreaming, I can do whatever I want!" And it's like something clicks inside your brain and then your normal, conscious thought-processes come back, and you can do whatever you want. But it's weird, it feels like reality, but oh wait, you are making yourself fly. Anyway, the most important part is the first part, realize you are dreaming.

That is probably a bad explanation, but I tried.

And also, the conversation was with my dad, so who knows, maybe it's hereditary?
every time I wake up from a dream, I say to myself, Man, why didn't I do that when I had the chance. It's wierd, I can remember dreams from when I was about 4.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
I need to learn to do that, nao! The problem is when I'm dreaming I can never realize I'm dreaming
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
i've gotten to the point where i can stop a dream at any time if i don't like it. i've also been able to choose a few things that i say. takes years to get used to and good at
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
i dont understand you can "realize" that you are dreaming while you are in the dream. how are you supposed to realize anything while you aren't concious
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I always tell my dreams to my best friend, it helps me like keeping a log. Also, drinking a little bit of caffiene (like soda), makes my dreams a little more crazy/detailed/imaginative/interesting.
Yea. I've done it before. it was weird.

I've also had sex with a hallucination. I kid you not.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
i dont understand you can "realize" that you are dreaming while you are in the dream. how are you supposed to realize anything while you aren't concious

can someone answer this?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
You're still concious while asleep. . .People talking to you, hitting you, etc, still registers in the dream if you don't wake up. And I can do it sometimes after I wake up in the morning after having a dream, I just think of the dream and drift in and out of sleep and can do it fairly well.
I love lucid dreams...

The ability to do whatever you want with zero consequences is amazing.
Yeah it's kinda hard to explain, but yeah you're still conscious when you're sleeping, you're just in a different state.

I guess when you're dreaming, you know that it's going on and everything but, for me if i ever do it which when i do is a really minor lucid dream, i think during the dream that "hey, i fell asleep, this isn't really happening, i'm dreaming this" but i never really think to do anything big haha.

I really think thinking about what you want to dream about before you fall asleep helps. I've though about one think alot of times and only that one thing, played out what could happen and all that and the majority of the tries, i'd dream up some kinda of occurance that has to do with what i was thinking of.
the secret to lucid dreaming is learning to recognize that you are infact dreaming. it is really hard to learn, but you will notice little things that dont make sense or do not fit. it takes a second to realize this, you will be all like, "wait is this real or am i dreaming". but if you think about it long enough it will click that something is wrong and you are in fact dreaming. its hard to put it into words, but once you have done it you will understand how to recognize the little things that are out of place. once you recognize that you are dreaming you can literally do anything.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by omegasus
I did it once before I even knew what it was.

I was in my grandparents' house and they were standing outside staring at the sky. I ran over to them and saw nothing, so I walked back to the door and realized that I was dreaming. So I started yelling "I'm dreaming I'm dreaming! **** you guys, this is a dream AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Then I woke up.

That was the worst thing you could have done. If you get too excited when you figure out you're dreaming, you wake up.
Quote by Ringtone
I can do it basically whenever, and let me say, it is awesome. Weird story, but of all people, my dad and I got into a conversation about it. He said that he could do it at will, so I asked him how. He said that when you are in the actual dream, you have to first remember that you are really dreaming, and then you can go from there.

Thats how I do it. I rarely dream in anything more than snippets of randomness anymore, but if I'm in the middle of a long dream and I realize that I'm actually asleep, I can change the outcome. S'pretty cool.

edit: I wish I knew how to change the subject of the dream to whatever I wanted though, because I normally start to wake up too much when I try that.
you got soul, or so you say. hey, i say you don't!

Quote by Sol9989
Last edited by Clandestine1 at Sep 22, 2007,
i wish i think i did it once
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

I've been trying to learn all I can about this for like the past 12 hours,
there are a few ways to do it.

I could explain it all here, but instead just WIKI search lucid dreams, and it'll tell you basically all you need to know.
Quote by Miggy01
can someone answer this?

It's hard to do at first, but I'm pretty sure the way I started first doing it is being able to control what I am saying in the dream. Lol, I still remember the first dream I "talked" in a few years ago. It was weird, I was in my house but there were these two guys trying to kidnap my cousin and I, and then we all found ourselves in the same room and I was like "F**K OFF MY COUSIN, DUMBA**", then woke up out of fear that my mom heard me.

So, maybe try to just simply control the speech in your dreams first? But, how I realize that I am dreaming is seeing things are out of place. Even if it's one of those dreams where you are in an actual place (your house, school, ect.), you kind of stop and think "Why I am I doing this? Why is my great-aunt here trying to kidnap a purple monkey? Why am I naked at school anyway...I usually remember clothes. Is that really a flying tree? Since when is my house the headquarters of a secret agency? What is this hot male model doing in my bed?" You know? You'll realize things don't make any sense, which leads to realizing you are dreaming, which leads to ultimate control over your dreams, I guess.

Or like the other guy said, you can always wiki it.
^see, eveyone says just try to notice wierd things in your dreams.

If it were that easy, you'd be able to do it in every dream where something is out of place, which is bull****.
You dream hundreds of dreams every night, you just dont remember them. If you could lucid dream every one that is abnormal just by recognizing that its abnormal, then lucid dreams would be much common.

You have to get into the habit of checking if you are dreaming (i.e. "pinch me, im dreaming", beccause you cant feel pain in dreams) but check while you know you are awake. Ussually if you get into this habit of pinching yourself (or other checks that exsist) while you are awake, then in your dream you will check yourself just because you are used to doing it, at which point you will realize you are dreaming, and hopefully be able to take control before you wake up.

also here are some random tips:
-sleep in a confortable position, when you move in your sleep it disrupts your dream thought, because your reality nerves are activated when you move.
-keep a dream journal, and try to move as little as possible when you wake up. The more you move, the harder it is to remember.

-try to go to sleep when you are really tired, but try to keep aware as you enter sleep mode. I count my breathes as I fall asleep, so I am still aware. If you are successful, it is the strangest feeling! It feels like you are spinning and falling and ussually people freak out and wake up when this happens. Just try to relax and keep counting breathes until you start the dream.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
I really want to learn how i've been told you can totally control your dreams and do anything you want and it's totally real. Anyone know how?

I had 1 once.

Awesome.

How much I could control varied though.
Page 1 of 2