Page 1 of 2
So I didn't find any threads on D.O.A. yet. Which is a real shame since they're a really great band. So here's what I want to ask all of you punks on our beloved UG.

Are there any of you who have any particular tab requests for this band? I have a near-complete collection of their music.

I know I could just put this in the "Tab Talk" forum, but sifting through all of the nonsense there is like trying to find someone over the age of 15 at a Fall Out Boy concert.

:stickpoke
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
i've been wanting to get into D.O.A for a long time... I downloaded some stuff ages ago but it didn't really do it for me. I don't find i listen to much 80s hardcore anymore hmmm... Anyway what's their best album? i hear hardcore 81 is 'the ****'.
^I've also stopped listening to hardcore as much as I used to. I still like DOA though.
When I first listened to DOA I really didn't expect much as frankly, I thought the name was rather poor and that their music would follow suit, but I do really enjoy what I've heard from them, especially like their cover of 'War'.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I have a record of theirs somewhere. I'm not really into hardcore but it's a decent record nonetheless.

PS. There are thousands of Canadian punk bands. Just for the record.
Quote by sargasm

PS. There are thousands of Canadian punk bands. Just for the record.

Like SNFU, who are the best Canadian punk band that I've heard.

Check 'em out.
D.O.A is a great band, one of my favourites. I just saw them in August So good.

Oh, and Canada has a lot of punk you tard. We don't live in ****ing igloos.

EDIT: My bad about the douchey post there.
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Last edited by seannufan at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by seannufan

Oh, and Canada has a lot of punk you tard. We don't live in ****ing igloos.

Actually that was a quote from Joey ****head from the movie American Hardcore.

He said "it was like 'Hey man they got punk rock in Canada." He was basically talking about how he fit into the American scene and how Americans didn't think there were actually punks in Canada.

I thought a few of you would get the reference or find that funny. But I guess not.

And please refrain from calling me a tard. It makes you sound like a... well... tard.

:stickpoke
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
guys, guys, guys, quite obviously the best canadian punk band is NSR.

im kidding, they're pretty cool tho, i likes me some hardcore.
Quote by original=punk
guys, guys, guys, quite obviously the best canadian punk band is NSR.

im kidding, they're pretty cool tho, i likes me some hardcore.

Self promotion is spiffy.
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Check 'em out.

and don't forget blink 182 and avril lavigne!

That's sarcasm, for those that didn't understand.
Quote by werty22
and don't forget blink 182 and avril lavigne!

That's sarcasm, for those that didn't understand.

Those kinds of posts don't work when you point out the sarcasm in the post.

Also, Blink 182 are not Canadian. You mean Sum 41.
They are from my city, and my uncle is a personal friend of Johnny ****head. Awsome band.

Threadstarter, you wouldn't have a tab for "Disco Sucks," would you?

Remember: "Talk - Action = 0"

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by rhymeswith suck
They are from my city, and my uncle is a personal friend of Johnny ****head. Awsome band.

Joey ****head.

Just for the record.
Quote by blackflag49
Have you heard Avril's latest song?

She sold out, hard.

She used to be sew ponx. I miss seeing her in small clubs and doing a siq mawsh.
Quote by rhymeswith suck

Threadstarter, you wouldn't have a tab for "Disco Sucks," would you?

Remember: "Talk - Action = 0"

Just for the record, you can call me axeslash, that is my profile name. Threadstarter sounds so... impersonal.

Anyways yeah I'll tab it out it doesn't really sound that complicated. It may take me a day or two to get it all done.

Also yeah its JOEY. JOEY KEITHLEY.

That's his name.
Quote by axeslash

Also yeah its JOEY. JOEY KEITHLEY.

That's his name.

Wow, don't I look like an idiot right now! There is no excuse, I'm sorry.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by rhymeswith suck
Wow, don't I look like an idiot right now! There is no excuse, I'm sorry.

It happens.
Quote by opivy21
I prefer Joey Doodoohead. It's much less vulgar.

I prefer Joey Fecescranium.
Whew.

****in' done.

I just submitted the tab for Disco sucks about 10 minutes ago.

It should go through.

Also I ****ing hated tabbing that song the solo was damn near impossible to hear so I had to use a program to try and slow it down, but that honestly didn't help much. So I basically spent like two hours trying to hear it and figure out the correct way to play it.

Well it's done now and it's pretty accurate. So your welcome.
Quote by sargasm
I prefer Joey Fecescranium.

Haha, your's is better.
I'm reviving this thread so that I can be axeslash's forum hero :-D
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
For your prompt bumping, your status as hero has been redeemed.

Also, Dead Men Tell No Tales is an awesome song. Srsly.
i request bass tabs for all of DOA's songs. I tabbed out The Prisoner, possibly another one or two

my favorite song by DOA is world war 3. possibly one of the best songs ever.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
For those that asked to me the best way to get acquainted with D.O.A. is probably to pick Bloodied but Unbowed, it's a greatest hits comp and doesn't have a bad song on it.

As far as my personal favorite is Woke Up Screaming but it was the first D.O.A. song I ever heard so that probably has a lot to do with it. The Prisoner is a close second.
One of my friends first shows was D.O.A. and her dad showed up the front door and the bouncers were like 'whoa whoa you have to pay to get in'' and he goes like 'oh sorry one sec'' takes out his cell phone calls 'some one.' joey ****head walks out the front door and gets pissed at the bouncers for not letting him in cause they were old friends.

I never really liked D.O.A. though.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
i request bass tabs for all of DOA's songs. I tabbed out The Prisoner, possibly another one or two

my favorite song by DOA is world war 3. possibly one of the best songs ever.

Well, seeing as how tabbing bass is hard when I don't have a bass, I'll see what I can do. I'll at least try World War 3. My brother has a bass, but he's a bitch about it.
Quote by axeslash
Well, seeing as how tabbing bass is hard when I don't have a bass, I'll see what I can do. I'll at least try World War 3. My brother has a bass, but he's a bitch about it.

most of the bass lines just follow the root notes. so if you can figure it out on guitar, you've got the bass line.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
most of the bass lines just follow the root notes. so if you can figure it out on guitar, you've got the bass line.

That's true for a lot of songs, but not all.

But in the case of World War 3, the bass does just play the root note of the rhythm guitar. So I can deliver on that one.
World War 3 is already tabbed. I just really like playing it.

edit: oops, it isn't already tabbed here. I think i tabbed it out once, let me find it and i'll add it to the collection.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Last edited by misfitsdisciple at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by misfitsdisciple
World War 3 is already tabbed. I just really like playing it.

edit: oops, it isn't already tabbed here. I think i tabbed it out once, let me find it and i'll add it to the collection.

Got ya. Well then, I guess I'm off to tab something else.
haha, this is another edit on that other post. My bass is at my friend's apartment right now. I'll tab it when i get my bass back, because i know it in my head, i just want to make sure i have it completely accurate before posting it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Check 'em out.

SNFU are the bee's knees but another canadian punk band worth mentioning is Propagandhi... surprised no one threw that out there yet... yeesh.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
haha, this is another edit on that other post. My bass is at my friend's apartment right now. I'll tab it when i get my bass back, because i know it in my head, i just want to make sure i have it completely accurate before posting it.

Not if I beat you to it.

*tab* *tab* *tab* *tab* *tab* *tab* *tab* *tab* *tab*
haha well if you can beat me to it, then i guess i'll just be stuck here drinking my body juices. I've had a boring drunken night and i'm ready for sleep at this early hour of 4:47. Anyway, good times, cya later.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Page 1 of 2