Page 1 of 3
sheffield, no? dont take our bands away from us.

theyre ok. but not as good as the hype, quite.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Never been a fan it has to be said.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I seriously dig this band, got their EP a few days ago and it's growing on me.
rites of nothing.
Hysterics is one of the best albums of the year IMO. They've improved so much. Fofteen left made my jaw hit the floor, it just has everything.
meh, i like the mathy stuff, not really mean enough grind for me, its like happy grind with synth and vocals.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
Will have to tuck into the new album as they're playing my uni union next month with throats.
I was talking to a friend of the band's and he said that the new album is amazing.
I was crying, you were laughing.
Hit in the face, blood on the snow.
We were never happier.
I used to just pass them off as scenester shit, but now their spazzy tunes have grown on me.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Getting little hints of These Arms are Snakes and of course ATD-I in places on the new album. Like it more every time I listen.

EDIT: love this album.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Oct 12, 2008,
If anyone has any of their first demo cds/tapes I would be willing to pay quite a bit of money for them!!! Hook me up :p
Grind-pop is an awful sounding genre.

Holy crap though, I actually like this a decent bit. It's catchy, but not to the point where it's annoying and repetitive.
So, I caught a song or two of these guys (and girl) when i went to the Soundwave festival a few days back, got their album and i'm seriously digging it.
Grind-pop? Are we just making genres up now?

Although, now that I've listened this isn't too bad. I'm going to have to listen a bit more.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Feb 24, 2010,
Quote by The Charm
Grind-pop? Are we just making genres up now?

I mean I wouldn't say it's a distinct genre, but it describes their sound fairly well. They've got elements of grind and of pop and mix the two REALLY well.
Love this band.
Listened to the album a few more times and it's just great, anything else apart from the album and EP worth getting in their rather large discog?
they havent done a right lot else to my knowledge. id recommend the beatrotter/digital history 7" and i also have the split with mirror! mirror! and the shred yr face tour 7"but i havent listened to them yet on account of having no speakers.

new album 'cosmology' out relatively soon. possibly.
Just watched part of L.A. Confidential the other day.
It's like this thread was calling out to me.

I like this stuff quite a bit.
Quote by saxaxe
Abraxas kicks so much ass.

Considering the fact that it sounds very similar to a combination between Abra and saxaxe, I'm not too surprised to hear that from you.

But yes. The asskicking has been delivered.
Quote by punkforlife93
Considering the fact that it sounds very similar to a combination between Abra and saxaxe, I'm not too surprised to hear that from you.

Wild Abraxas used TELEPORT!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
What tuning are these guys in? I really feel like learning some of the bass parts (my god he's an amazing bassist)
Eva Spence

In the flesh.

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I touched her. Multiple times.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Page 1 of 3