I'm not a technical guy - I like things where it's plug "n" play and you don't have to move a thousand switches to find a good tone. I've been thinking about getting the Boss ME-20 has,
1. I hardly use effects anyway and it has more than I'll ever need.
2. It has some good tones out the box.

Could anyone else recommend me something similar to try? Otherwise I'll probably be purchasing the ME-20 in the next few days.
I would personally stay away from Multi FX (especially a low end one), my zoom is terribly digital and I can get no good tones out of it, it's even a lousy tuner which is what I only use it for now.

I've never tried a ME-20 but if it's anything like Boss stomp boxes it will be nothing special. My advise would be to save up for a better unit. However if you don't need many effects then just buy separate effects, I wish I had.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Just start collecting analog pedals of your choice. Easy to use and replace as necessary. Much better sound. Downside is they take up much more space than MultiFX. Build a pedal board. Costs a little more up front but the satisfaction and flexibility is worth it.
Quote by uldhppi
Just start collecting analog pedals of your choice. Easy to use and replace as necessary. Much better sound. Downside is they take up much more space than MultiFX. Build a pedal board. Costs a little more up front but the satisfaction and flexibility is worth it.

But I don't want loads of pedals! And I'm not spending loads of money on FX I might not use.
Quote by TwoString
I'd aim for the ME-50 personally. The ME-20 is a little toyish and has noise issues.

Too many FX for me. I want a simple multi-fx pedal.
You're not going to get a unit with few effects and superior quality. Superior quality is inherent only to the more powerful effect units. (or single effects)
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Stan_da_man
But I don't want loads of pedals! And I'm not spending loads of money on FX I might not use.

Which is exactly what you'd be doing if you bought a multi FX
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Stan_da_man
Too many FX for me. I want a simple multi-fx pedal.

The ME-50 is pretty simple. I brought it up because it's a nice bang-for-buck option for effects choices, ease of use and quality.