I play mostly classic/hard rock

Im wondering what amp is best for me?

VOX ADT15, Roland Cube 20, Epiphone Valve jr, Peavey Royal 8?

do i need any pedals if i get the tubes?
a tubescreamer or maybe a ds-1

and since there is no EQ pots on the tube amps
do i need som kind of EQ pedal ( boss ge-7? )
to change from maybe gnr tone to motley crue?

Thank you
Valve junior if you get some pedals (EQ, OD, ect.), but go with the vox if you don't want to spend extra cash on pedals. But personally I'd go with the valve junior, no contest.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Valve Jr and an overdrive or distortion pedal (or both). An EQ might help switch from one sound to another, but it's not completely necessary.
Royal 8 and a dist pedal. I've got a Metal Muff, but DS-1 seems nice.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by omarrodrigez
Valve junior if you get some pedals (EQ, OD, ect.), but go with the vox if you don't want to spend extra cash on pedals. But personally I'd go with the valve junior, no contest.

yeah, i like the vox that it has so many effects cause i use delay, reverb, chorus on many songs
so its gonna be expensive with all the padals
Valve Jr! Unless you put heavy strings on your guitar, detune a 1/2 step, and crank it up to only play SRV, you will need pedals.
where are you in the world? what's your rough budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Harley Benton GA5 if youre in europe prehaps, basically a VJ in a different box with a tone knob.
More money for pedals, wouldn't go for the boss EQ, MXR make a better one.
And a Tubescreamer, or digitech bad monkey.
Yeah get the MXR 10 band for it if you get the VJ.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
The Valveking Royal 8 is a great amp for classic rock. I have one and that's what I use it for. You may need to turn the gain up high, and if you need more then it also sounds amazing with overdrive pedals.
Quote by beckyjc
Harley Benton GA5 if youre in europe prehaps, basically a VJ in a different box with a tone knob.
More money for pedals, wouldn't go for the boss EQ, MXR make a better one.
And a Tubescreamer, or digitech bad monkey.

i live in sweden so thomann.de is an option but my friends say that harley benton is ****
but they are maybe wrong.
a question about the eq pedals, since there is no bass, mid, treb... but 100, 200, 6,4k
and so on.. so how do i set it if i want bass on 12 o clock?
Bedroom amp, as in, practicing in the bedroom, making little to no noise?

Line 6 Pocket POD Guitar Multi Effects Processor & a good set of headphones

$129 US

The Line 6 Pocket POD is about the size of a hand-held tuner. Yet it's the only personal amp modeling and effects processor packed with over 300 custom presets dialed in by rock stars and professional studio musicians who know great tone. With its 32 classic and modern amp models, 16 cab models, and 16 effects, Pocket POD enables you to create mind-blowing guitar tones wherever inspiration strikes.

Just pop in 4 AAA batteries and you are good to go practicing with headphones or jamming with your favorite songs on your MP3 player. Let loose and play it loud with Pocket POD as your multi-effect processor in front of any amp. With Line 6's advanced A.I.R. II technology, you can even use Pocket POD guitar effect as a front-end recording device with the same tone used on countless platinum-selling albums.

The Line 6 Pocket POD has a user-friendly design that makes it simple to dial in the tone you're looking for. To customize your sound even more, plug Pocket POD directly into your computer via USB and download the FREE Pocket POD tone editing software from Line6.com. Take your sound to the next level with the Pocket POD processor by connecting to CustomTone.com, the online destination for guitarists. There you can choose from a library of over 3,000 preset tones, create new tones, and share them with guitarists from around the globe. Experience world-class tone in the palm of your hand at an unbeatable price. Make your sound your own.
freepatriot.com
"People never misapply their economy so much as when they make mean provision for the education of children. The only practicable method to reform mankind is to begin with children." -- Noah Webster
Don't get a Cube 20x.

Either get a Microcube or the 30x.

The 15x and 20x don't have the amp modeling of the rest of the Cubes, and the 15x doesn't even have effects.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Don't get a cube, go for the VJ.

Quote by TMVolta19
i got the same vox, but 30 watts, its killer man, its damn loud to, but its got amazing cleans, and some nice classic rock setting, alot of nice presets, and nice effects, and with a pedal its even better, i havent tried out the others, but i would go with the vox dude
I play Jazz to Classic Rock. I use a VJ and Bad Monkey, it covers all my bases perfectly. With an EQ pedal, it'd do hard rock, especially if with a humbucker guitar. After playing this setup I can't believe how crap Cubes and Valvetronix amps sound to me compared to my rig...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok, so i think im gonna get the valve jr combo ( is there a major difference between this and the head? ), a eq pedal and a behringer FX600 for my effect needs, so i have the basic and i can upgrade them later cause i dont think they are to good. so now i need overdrive pedal and i´ve been thinking about theese-
Boss DS-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez Tubescreamer 7 Tone-Lok

i´ve read good comments on all of them but wich would be the one for a classic/hard rock guitarist as myself?
^ i assume you mean the sd1?

I'm not sure about that one, i'm not sure it has enough gain. when i tried one with the VJ, it didn't really boost it very much at all... i'd probably look towards a higher gain overdrive.#

i haven't tried the other two you mentioned.

Basically, the head allows you to use a wider range of speaker cabs with it. though if you have to buy both, that gets expensive rather quickly. not much point in buying a budget tube amp if you don't get it at a budget price; something like a 5 watt crate palomino or peavey valveking may be a better option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?