Just wondering... are there any signature guitars that are neck thru? I looked and couldn't find any.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
There's truckloads of them. Kerry King's sig, Kirk Hammett's sig, Alexi Laiho's, Stephen Carpenter's, Jeff Hanneman's, Mark Morton's... And I'm sure there are more.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
wow... well thx i guess... i didn't even bother looking at those because i was convinced that they weren't neck thru -.-
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Canne
wow... well thx i guess... i didn't even bother looking at those because i was convinced that they weren't neck thru -.-

So you didn't think of looking at any of these sig guitars to see if they were neck thru-s while looking for a thru-neck sig guitar?

You, my friend, need to get you some shopping skills
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Almost every single ESP artist sig guitar, for one. And yeah, where the hell were you looking?
Quote by jmag
There's truckloads of them. Kerry King's sig, Kirk Hammett's sig, Alexi Laiho's, Stephen Carpenter's, Jeff Hanneman's, Mark Morton's... And I'm sure there are more.

Those are mostly the cheap, entry level (beginner) guitars based on the artist's signature instrument. All of these players use neck thru instruments.

One exception in terms of high end production models are the ESP Hammett series, where the cheaper (like $2000 is cheap) ESP (not LTD) models (KH-2 and KH-3) are bolt-on models, even though Kirk's guitars are neck thru. You can, however, get the NT versions for about $1500 more.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
...uh, no. All ESP artists with signature neck-thru models have them as neck-thru in the production custom series (ESP, not LTD - around the $1800-3000 price range). There's no such thing as an actual ESP bolt-on KH-2.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Last edited by Extant at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by Crunchmeister
Those are mostly the cheap, entry level (beginner) guitars based on the artist's signature instrument. All of these players use neck thru instruments.

I wouldnt say the ESP's Signature series to be cheap entry level guitars.
Sure they arent the real deal Custom Shop quality that the artistses themselves use, but still the Signature series are quality guitars.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
I wouldnt say the ESP's Signature series to be cheap entry level guitars.
Sure they arent the real deal Custom Shop quality that the artistses themselves use, but still the Signature series are quality guitars.

As far as I've heard from people, ESP's standard series, artist models and custom guitars are all made in the same factory/custom shop in Japan. Only that the artist and customs are made to order.
Quote by Doobergn
zakk wylde, slash

Uhhh Les Pauls have a set neck man. Back on topic, like most have said, a lot of ESP's are neck through, and if I remember right, Schecter has a few neck through guitars too, but I don't know if they are signature models or not. But if you are looking into a new guitar, why are you just looking at signature models? There are plenty of great non signatures out there.
Quote by Extant
Only that the artist and customs are made to order.

If you meant artist series = ESP signature series, then its not made to order since its line changed to the Signature Series and no longer custom shop. Back then in 05 or 04 however, the ESP signature guitars were all custom shop if i recall correctly. But of course, if you want custom shop quality, they'll still make em for you.

Here's an example of the ESP sig series and the custom shop of the Amott V
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/sigseries/amott.htm

big price difference, and so is the quality.

Ibanez Mick Thompson Model. Pretty much my dream guitar. The inlay is a pity though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly

Ibanez Mick Thompson Model. Pretty much my dream guitar. The inlay is a pity though.

Off-topic, but anyone have any idea why there has to be a permanently locked trem on that thing?

Doesn't make sense really. Its not affecting tuning and you can have the locking tuners without the trem there,s o whats the point when you could just have a fixed bridge. Would be cheaper(slightly) and changing strings would also be more straight-forward.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
It is a fixed bridge.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^Yeah, sorta... A modified Edge. But I also don't see the point of modifying a tremolo so it can only be bolted down. There are plenty of really good fune tuning bridges out there already.
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
If you meant artist series = ESP signature series, then its not made to order since its line changed to the Signature Series and no longer custom shop. Back then in 05 or 04 however, the ESP signature guitars were all custom shop if i recall correctly. But of course, if you want custom shop quality, they'll still make em for you.

Here's an example of the ESP sig series and the custom shop of the Amott V
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/sigseries/amott.htm

big price difference, and so is the quality.

Ah, I see. I've never seen that custom shop thing before.

To be honest, I don't see the point of paying that much for quality beyond the signature series, because the standard series or whatever you call it for ESP is already built ungodly well. You'd just be paying for diminishing returns.
Quote by Crunchmeister

One exception in terms of high end production models are the ESP Hammett series, where the cheaper (like $2000 is cheap) ESP (not LTD) models (KH-2 and KH-3) are bolt-on models, even though Kirk's guitars are neck thru. You can, however, get the NT versions for about $1500 more.

Actually, Kirk does use Bolt-On guitars a whole bunch.

Mostly because he tends to destroy guitars rather fast, and if the guitars were neck-thru he'd have to get a new guitar, whereas a bolt-on tends to be more durable/easier to fix.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by DagMX
Off-topic, but anyone have any idea why there has to be a permanently locked trem on that thing?

Doesn't make sense really. Its not affecting tuning and you can have the locking tuners without the trem there,s o whats the point when you could just have a fixed bridge. Would be cheaper(slightly) and changing strings would also be more straight-forward.

it just gives all the tuning benefits of a floyd (fine tuners etc.) without the loss of sustain
i think its a good idea
^Yeah, but as already said, those advantages can be found in plenty of other bridges. I guess he just liked the look...
Quote by Extant
To be honest, I don't see the point of paying that much for quality beyond the signature series, because the standard series or whatever you call it for ESP is already built ungodly well. You'd just be paying for diminishing returns.

Well i guess it all boils down to the individual, some ppl can differentiate the feel and tone between a 1954 and 1960 les paul. Some cant even differentiate between an epi lp 100 and a squire strat(a friend of mine).

But to be honest, Im not a fan of any guitar with some guy's name on it. If there's a similar guitar with the same specs with the sig guitar, why not just get that, instead of paying more just coz someone's name is on it.

Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
Well i guess it all boils down to the individual, some ppl can differentiate the feel and tone between a 1954 and 1960 les paul. Some cant even differentiate between an epi lp 100 and a squire strat(a friend of mine).

But to be honest, Im not a fan of any guitar with some guy's name on it. If there's a similar guitar with the same specs with the sig guitar, why not just get that, instead of paying more just coz someone's name is on it.

Same. I'll never buy a signature guitar unless it's really, really cool and isn't really ostentatiously associated with the artist.