What's so special about the 20th anniversary guitars?

Take this one for example,
http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-PRS-20th-Anniversary-Custom24-Gtr-10-top-of-100-top_W0QQitemZ140156562571QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also i'm thinking about getting a custom 24, but i saw this on ebay yesterday,
http://cgi.ebay.ie/PAUL-REED-SMITH-MODERN-EAGLE-RED-TIGER-PRS-BRAZILIAN_W0QQitemZ160155483083QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What model is that? How does it hold up against the custom 24?

Also anyone know any good sites that sell prs guitars cheaper then ebay?
jesus! dunno why anyone would spend that much on a PRS
1 grand is as high as i will ever go

and to answer your question its most likely the '20 anniversary' name
Lol your paying the extra money just for the "20th anniversary" name...ah come on SOMETHING must be different! Sure custom 24s are about 2500-3000 dollers ain't they?
i dunno, maybe paul wants a new swimming pool or yacht or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the only way you'll find cheaper prs's is if you lower your standards. or get incredibly lucky. do you really need a 20th anniversary guitar with birds-in-flight inlays, or a modern eagle? the customs and standards both sound pretty fantastic and will save you a bunch of money, as will not going for the coveted 10-tops or brazilian rosewood boards. though the resale value is through the roof for those.
So what's so special about the modern eagle? Is it the same as a custom 24 but looks better?

Na i'm prob not gonna buy them i just want to see what's so special about them compared to normal prs guitars.
^ The Modern Eagle is one of the highest quality guitars ever. Paul Reed Smith himself plays one. Until you've tried one you can't appreciate its quality.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Does it have coil tap(split). So should i save up and get one of them instead of a custom 24?
^ AFAIK it has McCarty electronics, so I'd assume a coil split. My best advice would be to go try a load of PRS models... You may find you like the 513 alot - you can change the pickups between being true single coils, PAF-voiced and Hot Humbuckers apparently.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Those ones are pretty expensive, even for being PRS Customs... I'm sure you can find the same for about $3000 or a lil' bit less without searching so much.

BTW, I'd get a Custom instead of the 20th Anniversary, it's almost the same.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
^ i can't really find any good prs dealers!

The one small thing that i don't like about the modern eagle and the 513 is that they only have 22 frets.
Get a Custom 24 then, they're all the same quality (top quality!).

You don't have to find a PRS official dealer, there are some shops that can get them too (for example, I know a French online shop that sells them for 2800 €, which is pretty much cheaper than that ones you posted here).

Anyway, search as much as you need; if you like that style (at least, I do ), you won't find a better guitar (unless you go custom made, obviously)!
- Alhambra 5P
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno, maybe paul wants a new swimming pool or yacht or something.

maybe he just wants a pool full of money to swim in it

...or even worst

a sea of money to sail in his new yacht
Or a sea of yatches to sail in his new golden pool, who knows... Paul Reed Smith can be some kind of unknown being...
- Alhambra 5P
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Carvin California Carved Top, ftw .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
just bear in mind that PRS aren't your only option for dentist guitars. I mean you have huber, eggle, suhr, tyler, etc., etc., etc. EDIT: not to mention a custom build, from e.g. Legra.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ don't really like any of those guitars. Only other guitars i can think of would prob be a carvin or a caparison.
haven't tried a carvin... caparisons are nice, but not at UK prices. they go for like £600-£700 in japan... so why would i pay £1500 for one here?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what about those SE custom ones? I think they are like 600 dollars new. What do you guys think about these? Is it like a Gibson and an Epiphone? that sort of thing?
yeah basically. they're nicer than the lower epis, they'd be like the higher, non-japanese epis in quality (if not slightly better), but yeah, they're nowhere near the US PRS's.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gotarheelz14
what about those SE custom ones? I think they are like 600 dollars new. What do you guys think about these? Is it like a Gibson and an Epiphone? that sort of thing?

Eh I'm not a big fan of the SEs. The Soap Bar sounds pretty decent, but all of the SEs that I've played have felt lifeless and almost toy like.

Get a Michael Kelly Valor instead
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have a tremonti SE. I got it when looking for an epi lp and love it. its not my main guitar anymore but I still love to play it at home.
they dont feel anywhere close to the us prs but still nicer than an epi and they are something different.