I've been working on a guitar on/off for about half a year now. I'm 15 years old so I have a bunch of schoolwork & stuff that keeps getting in my way... I could probably have finished this months ago. Anyways, here's how it looks as of yet.

Specs:
Cherry body
Bolt-on maple neck w/ ebony fretboard & cherry headstock veneer
25" scale
1.75'' thick body
JB/59 Seymour Duncan Humbuckers w/ chrome covers
All chrome hardware
1 Volume & 2 tone knobs
3-way toggle switch

The finished is simply danish oil. I might do a coat of urethane later on, but as for now I'm going to see how just the oil works out.

I need some help with electronics though. I decided to set up a coil tapping and tap mode selector for two of the push/pull pots, and with the other I wanted to add in maybe a series/parallel for only one of the switches. This is'nt possible, is it? I need the south finish and north start seperate from the north finish for the tapping, but if I add in a series/parallel, it has to have only one output. Is there any way around this?

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for what I should do with the other switch, please tell!
man, very niiiice, i like

have you considered a superswitch? i think thats what its called; i havent ever used one myself, but iirc its a 5- or 6-way rotary selector that will give you all the options from 2 humbuckers including the coil-taps and series/parallel. also, you could upgrade to TBX tone controls, i have used those and theyre pretty sweet.

i really like the oil-finish on it also, thats the finish i would have if i ever built a guitar. where are you planning on putting the strap button for the neck side? right on the end of the horn? that just doesnt look too sturdy to me.

to answer your question, though, i think you should just be able to take the ouput from the coil-tapping to the series/parallel switch. im not sure though, ive dealt with coil tapping once and that was straight from the diagram.
Nice did you make that neck yourself or just order it off the internet... either way its bad ass looking.
Is it wrong to be strong.... You decide.
Ok... I think I managed to get the wiring correct:

I took the diagram from guitar electronics and modified it. First I took the tone out of the circuit affecting both pickups and put the two tone on either sides of the toggle switch to affect each pickup seperately. Then I took the bridge pickup hot output and hooked it up the new bare push/pull and adjusted it so one way it goes (like normally) straight to the toggle switch, and the other way it goes to the south start of the neck pickup. If it's going straight to the toggle, then the south start of the neck pickup is grounded like normal.

So (Im pretty sure) this means I have the ability to with coil tap and select what coil to tap with both of the pickups, and then I have the ability to run the two whole humbuckers in series, or in parallel.

If you spot any problems please tell!

And to answer questions, the neck is from warmoth (I regret now not trying to make one myself) and yeah, the strap button will be on the horn. It's pretty sturdy and I'm not at all rough on my equipment so I think it'll be fine.
Yay!!! I finally finished it. Well, except for the nut. Thats all thats left before i can string 'er up. The electronics were a bit time-consuming... Around 40 solders coupled with a crappy soldering iron and a tiny tiny control cavity tend to make the whole deal a little troublesome. And, of course, the shielding was a little difficult too considering the weird shape I did, but with a combination of aluminum shielding tape, a huge screw, and duct tape, it was successfully shielded. (No noise at all!) I was so surprised, there wasn't a single crossed wire, electrical error or anything the first time round! I'm gonna get the nut done this weekend.

(That string may seem a little misplaced to some. Used it for testing the electronics : P)

Quote by Pyroiguana
Yay!!! I finally finished it. Well, except for the nut. Thats all thats left before i can string 'er up. The electronics were a bit time-consuming... Around 40 solders coupled with a crappy soldering iron and a tiny tiny control cavity tend to make the whole deal a little troublesome. And, of course, the shielding was a little difficult too considering the weird shape I did, but with a combination of aluminum shielding tape, a huge screw, and duct tape, it was successfully shielded. (No noise at all!) I was so surprised, there wasn't a single crossed wire, electrical error or anything the first time round! I'm gonna get the nut done this weekend.

(That string may seem a little misplaced to some. Used it for testing the electronics : P)

LOL a LITTLE worng?

Glad that the electrics work. looks like its goona be a sweet guitar when its done. Youll have to post soundclips when you get the chance.
Pretty hot guitar u got there. How did you cut out the body shape? With a bandsaw or a jigsaw?
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!