i have 3 guitars and i think its time i get a guitar with a tremolo, prefferbly a floyd, or kahler. 500 is my limit so please help me out.
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
Ibanez S470, has the ZR trem which is one of the best tremolo systems on the market IMO.
Funny words.
^Doesn't say what the body wood is. If its not Agathis they may be pretty decent guitars.
Quote by uldhppi
^Doesn't say what the body wood is. If its not Agathis they may be pretty decent guitars.

It's basswood (I believe... the cheaper Discovery series is made out of basswood, so I'm gonna venture a guess and say these are too).

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
llok at the ibanez S series and the B.C.Rich guitars. The S series will have a ZR trem, the B.C.Rich's mostly now have original floyds. Anything other than a ZR or original floyd at this price range is not worth it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
^Good enough. I suspected it was basswood. I like basswood for strats. So they do look like good guitars to me. If I didn't have my Strat and wanted another guitar I'd definitely consider one.
I would look for a used Aria Pro II or Jackson Professional of some kind, as well as a used Ibanez RG550. If you want something new, check out a Fender FR Strat, any Schecter in that price range, or an ESP/LTD Jeff Hannermen sig (I forget the number though). Stay away from newer Indonesian IBby, I had a bad experience where the one trem post wasn't put in well and the wood by it cracked and screwed up the whole thing.
i was thinkin about the jeff hannemen, but i didnt know how good the khalors were on those
Guitars:
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Amps:
i have played an ibanez s470 and it was amazing but it was also 650
Guitars:
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Amps:
sell ALLLLLLLLL of your guitars,

You'll make probably around 500$, add another 500$ that you have now, and get a serious guitar. Thank you plz kwelcomebai
used Ibanez RG550/570/770/760/565, S540/520, 540P/540PII, Maxxas M2.

As you can tell I love Ibanez. Those are my favorite models with trems. they go under 500 on the bay all the time (with exception of 770 and 760 they tend to be more)
Last edited by Ibanez20th at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by Ibanez20th
used Ibanez RG550/570/770/760/565, S540/520, 540P/540PII, Maxxas M2.

As you can tell I love Ibanez. Those are my favorite models with trems. they go under 500 on the bay all the time (with exception of 770 and 760 they tend to be more)

You won't find a Power for under $500. Good lucking finding a PII or any Maxxas under $1000. Hell, good luck finding a PII or any Maxxas at all.

RGs are game though.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!