I'm thinking of picking up a new instrument and just wantr a bit of advice.

Firstly... harmonicas? Just want to know- are they cheap? are they worth picking up? and are they easy to learn? I don't want to have to invest too much time into learnig them, guitar is still my main one I want to play.

And secondly... I don't have enough money or the space for a piano, so thinking about a keyboard instead. Are you able to play proper songs on a keyboard(like Nightswimming, Layla solo, etc) or are you restricted when it's not as big as a piano. And also, is it easy to learn?

Grateful for any advice thanks
You can find decent harmonicas for pretty cheap $10-$20. I learned how to play the harmonica in about a month then just stopped playing, I guess it just didn't interest me. As for keyboards/pianos you should definitely get one with a decent octave range (especially if you are playing two parts; bass and melody). I'd say you'd need about 3 octaves but that's up to you. I like keyboard way better than harmonica because it has a much larger range.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Thanks for the help Yeah I really just want to get a harmonica for a bit of a laugh. Nothing too serious. I might leave the keyboard off for a while since it'll be more expensive. Thanks again for your help.
harmonicas aren't too much, im getting a pack of 7 in a bunch of different keys for my birthday, it was like 27 bucks or something

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hohner-Piedmont-Blues-7Harmonica-Pack-with-Case?sku=421179
these!

(and btw, if your name stands for RearViewMirror by Pearl Jam, i love you, if not, sorry for wasting an extra 11 seconds of your life)
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by tbsff_7
harmonicas aren't too much, im getting a pack of 7 in a bunch of different keys for my birthday, it was like 27 bucks or something

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hohner-Piedmont-Blues-7Harmonica-Pack-with-Case?sku=421179
these!

(and btw, if your name stands for RearViewMirror by Pearl Jam, i love you, if not, sorry for wasting an extra 11 seconds of your life)

Hey, if you dont mind, let me know how those harmonicas are please. And I dont play harmonica, i really want to though. If you could PM me with some tips to learn to play harmonica that would be great. Right now i have a Weekender Honder International (key of C) and i really wanna out some blues on it, but i have no idea where to start. Please help me out...

If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
k pm you when i get them, but tips i cant really help you out with, i dont know how to play so i bought an 8 dollar book with it to learn, sorry about that

gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by tbsff_7

Yeah it does lol
Quote by RVM
And secondly... I don't have enough money or the space for a piano, so thinking about a keyboard instead. Are you able to play proper songs on a keyboard(like Nightswimming, Layla solo, etc) or are you restricted when it's not as big as a piano. And also, is it easy to learn?

Grateful for any advice thanks

You want a stage piano. Preferably with hammer action, graded hammer action if possible. All stage pianos have 88 keys and usually a pretty good piano sound.

I recommend the Yamaha P70. Somewhat cheaper but in my opinion not as good is the M-Audio Prokeys 88, or the M-Audio Prokeys88sx, with semi-weighted action, if you're not really bothered with a piano-like like feel.

The sx, is of course, an order of multitude cheaper.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.