I'd probably say the first one, but make sure it's tube is running at high voltage, otherwise it's worthless
Quote by philipisabeast
I'd probably say the first one, but make sure it's tube is running at high voltage, otherwise it's worthless

what do you mean by high voltage?, it plugs into the wall I thought with the adaptor
Naa i mean that the pedal uses a transformer or whatever so that the tube has a very high voltage going through it, so the tube is "running hot" for want of words

If the tube is underpowered it's adding nothing to your sound
^ I'm pretty sure the 12AX7 only needs upto 12V at 300ma to work properly...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
^ I'm pretty sure the 12AX7 only needs upto 12V at 300ma to work properly...

yeah says it only needs the 12v, but when I do reviews people seem to complain about the Metal Monster , though you can't really go by some reviews as some people duno what they are talking about, but I hear good reviews about the metal muff, but also bad, so its hard to actually understand what is actually better
^But some pedals have a tube in them, but it doesn't have enough current going through it that takes it to its full advantage soundwise, some pedals use it as a gimmick, some use it properley, all i meant was that he should check that it's deffinately not one of these gimmick ones

Anyway i own the metal muff, and yes it is very good, for it's price
The other pedal is about $100 more, and is tube driven, which will probably mean it's better and of a higher quality

I'd personally go for one of these:
http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=4116&catid=9&manid=195&quantity=1&product=Damage+Control+Solid+Metal%2C+Dual+Tube+Distortion%2C+New

But my MM cost me £60 and im happy with that
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 12, 2007,
Yeah that'll be fine
It won't make you're cube sound like a 5150, it'll give a distortion replicating it's distortion [if the claims true] but fundamentally you're still projecting that sound through a cube, not a 5150

Edit: not a double post, the TS deleted a post
Quote by philipisabeast
^But some pedals have a tube in them, but it doesn't have enough current going through it that takes it to its full advantage soundwise, some pedals use it as a gimmick, some use it properley, all i meant was that he should check that it's deffinately not one of these gimmick ones

Anyway i own the metal muff, and yes it is very good, for it's price
The other pedal is about $100 more, and is tube driven, which will probably mean it's better and of a higher quality

I'd personally go for one of these:
http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=4116&catid=9&manid=195&quantity=1&product=Damage+Control+Solid+Metal%2C+Dual+Tube+Distortion%2C+New

But my MM cost me £60 and im happy with that

mm $89 us and the other is $179 us, and the link one is $199
I was just curious as to if the extra dollars would make any big difference, I have the MT-2 which I'm selling on Ebay for about $80 so I can get metal muff or something else, but sort of want the best bang for my buck, but dont mind paying more if its quite a bit better
It think for what gear you have now,the benefit of the extra dosh won't be worth it until you upgrade your gear, so for now, i'd vote the metal muff
Quote by philipisabeast
It think for what gear you have now,the benefit of the extra dosh won't be worth it until you upgrade your gear, so for now, i'd vote the metal muff

true that, was just curious as to if it would help any , I don't know a whole lot about effects as of yet only been dealing with them for 8 months yet I can play better than my friends with 3 to 5 years exp ward but thats cause I play 24/7

yeah, I can pay $9 and get a metal muff