My strat has been making a buzzing/humming noise ever since i added two springs to the trem. I made sure its the guitar, by testing my amp with my others. The sound goes away when i touch the bridge or the trem arm.

any ideas how to fix this?
Did you accidentally sever the ground wire that runs to the trem claw? Does it go away when you touch other metal parts like the screws holding the pickup switch and pickup in or the output jack?
^sounds what it would be
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Well, its obviously the strings being too close to the neck. Did you ajust the bridge after adding the springs? That is going to tight the strings and pull them closer.
Quote by owen5649
Well, its obviously the strings being too close to the neck. Did you ajust the bridge after adding the springs? That is going to tight the strings and pull them closer.

Theres an enormous difference between ground buzzing and the strings being too close to the neck. Fret buzz doesn't go away when you touch the strings

Anyway, id open the cavity and check the ground wire. I'd redo the solder joint aswell, perhaps its dry.

You might also want to try shielding it.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

That would make the hum go away forever.
Quote by owen5649

i did alter the bridge but its defently not fret buzz.

Hmm i opened her up it didnt look like the ground was lose. but just going to totaly re sauter it. And if that fixes it then ill look into sheilding it.
Thanks guys