Guys, I've been looking all over the internet for Cliff Burton's signature Aria bass ( http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fyfeholt/sb1000cb.htm ) but I haven't been able to find any store online selling it, not even eBay.
I even tried multiple japanese sites and none of them had it.
I checked to see if it was discontinued but it hasn't been.

So uh yeah, anyone know where I could find it? And what is the price range? Not too expensive I hope.
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
Last edited by Lobsterdeth at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by stephen_rettie
might be discontiued

Quote by Lobsterdeth
I checked to see if it was discontinued but it hasn't been.

Quote by stephen_rettie
and its bass

Facepalm.
there's one on ebay stores for almost $2000 if you want it.

And yeah, they quit making them many, many moons ago.

however, if you want something else, Cliff also used a red 1973 Rickenbacker 4001 (which he actually more famous for using), so you could also look for one of those.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88

however, if you want something else, Cliff also used a red 1973 Rickenbacker 4001 (which he actually more famous for using), so you could also look for one of those.

Get that
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by mountaindew88
there's one on ebay stores for almost $2000 if you want it.

And yeah, they quit making them many, many moons ago.

I've checked the site, they still make them, not listed under discontinued.

Red Rickenbacker 4001s were discontinued a few years ago, that will cost a morbid amount of money, dood.

The one on eBay doesn't have the eye fret markers, which I find awkward in a SB1k CF.
Last edited by Lobsterdeth at Sep 12, 2007,
he changed the PUPS on the rick so it sounded nothing like a standard Rick, though. let it be known.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Clearing up some misconceptions

The original poster wants a Aria SB1000CB-RI (Or some such name like that). It is a newly released Aria, the SB-1000 Cliff Burton Reissue. Basically the same black aria he used and that's it. They are in production, but rare and expensive. They sell around the 1500-1600 area, but due to the rarity can sell for more.

Cliff used a 4001 modded with a Gibson EB-0 pickup in the neck (humbucker) and a 70's jazz bass bridge pickup in the bridge position. You can do these mods on a Ricky 4003, the 4001 and 4003 have pretty negligible differences, especially once you get into pup-swapping.

You can find an actual 80's SB-1000 for <1000 dollars on eBay.
haha
Thank you, Mr. MetalUpYourAss, it's nice seeing someone that can read, and thanks for the extra info on the Rickenbacker.

I'll keep looking out for the SB1000 then, if anyone knows some site other than eBay that might have some for sale, be sure to tell me!
Cliff used an Aria Pro II, an Alembic Spoiler and a Rickenbacker 4001
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by Metalcredge
http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eb_sb_1000cb.html

I remember the days I wanted one of them to be like cliff. Looks like a pretty nice bass to me, and in my experience Aria make good instruments.

Hey, they brought the SB back? Seems pretty sweet.

Anyways, a couple of months ago I had the opportunity to buy an 80's SB-1000 for about $500 but it got sold the next day
Quote by Charlatan_001
Hey, they brought the SB back? Seems pretty sweet.

Anyways, a couple of months ago I had the opportunity to buy an 80's SB-1000 for about $500 but it got sold the next day

You should have went for that... Tight One.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.