okay, i use alternate tunings in my playing fairly often,mainly because thats what some songs i learn are in. i use standard an drop-D tunings a lot and fully understand them, but can someone tell me some usefull ways to use double drop-D and drop-C (e.g in drop D you can play a power chord with one finger) or give me a website that with the info cos i need to be able to use these tunings to write my own stuff.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Drop C is basically just lowering all your strings by one full step (EADGBE becomes DGCFAD) and then dropping the low D to a C in the same way you do going from standard to drop-D. Double drop-D is (I believe) tuned DADGBD. It's more useful in classical though...
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
i know how to get the tunings, wot i don't know is the advantage of them, or what shapes you usually use for say power chords, or if they make certain things easier

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

I'm a fan of open C, used by Devin Townsend from Strapping Young Lad. That is CGCGCE
5 string power chord with just one barre! and it sounds ****ing huge

how to use these other tunings?
well, make yourself a bunch of diagrams of chord shapes and scales in the new tunings. Then just mess around with it until you get a feel for the tuning.