im wanting to try out some new strings, atm i use ernie ball but im sick of getting dead g strings fresh from new packs, so im looking around and have decided im gonna try some d'addario strings, but they offer several different kinds and im not sure what the difference is between them.

here are the kinds they sell:

http://www.daddario.com/DADFElectric.aspx?ID=1

prosteels, nickelplated steels, and half rounds

so which kind of string would be the best to go for? i play metal if that helps, and would be using 10 - 52 gauge
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
i play those too, but my music shop is outta stock on em because of me, so i've been using that guage in ernie and i hate em, get EXL 140
http://www.daddario.com/DADProdDetail.aspx?CodaID=628&ID=1&Class=AABA you'll love em
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
stringsdirect.co.uk, £10.90 for 3 packs (thats with delivery), pretty good :-) Better than £5 in shops. I've been using the EXL115's for a while now, pretty cool but getting to feel a bit light for me on the bottom end.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i play those too, but my music shop is outta stock on em because of me, so i've been using that guage in ernie and i hate em, get EXL 140
http://www.daddario.com/DADProdDetail.aspx?CodaID=628&ID=1&Class=AABA you'll love em

cheers dude, will do
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I use d'addario XL Nickel Round Wound they're are really great for almost anything....I play mostly rock and metal
My opinion is that d'addarios are the worst pieces of crap I've ever encountered. Their sound dies in 15 minutes of playing and the plain strings go black before you can curse them to deepest hell.

Try Dean Markley blue steels or DR.

Or, maybe my fingers just sweat acid.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

The plated steel strings will be brighter, what most use. The nickel wrapped will be warmer. The half rounds are stainless wrapped I have a set here havent tried yet. They are supposed to be as bright as regular strings, but are smoother as they have been partialy ground. The flat wound is what jazz guys use, these are half way between regular and flat. But as they are stainless they will be harder on your frets. But if you have the acid fingers like Kjukka then they might work better. But you wont find em in music stores I had to order em from MF. Everybodys fingers are different so what doesnt work for one guy might for you. I use the same guage as you and have done alot of research on different kinds of strings. I cant think of how many kinds Ive tried. Cant say Ive ever had problems with daddarios in the past, bit stiffer than slinkys. In the 10 guage you can get plain g string or wound g string. Dont know if this will help or not. You definatly want a string you can get ahold of easy.