Because maybe they just want to have fun and play the game instead of going out and paying lots of money and spending countless hours to learn an instrument they don't really want to learn?

It's like asking why do people play Counter Strike, when they can just go outside and shoot people.

**** off.
^no need to be an ass about it

i actually think it's pretty cool...it's much better than guitar hero at least
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RearyGay
Because maybe they just want to have fun and play the game instead of going out and paying lots of money and spending countless hours to learn an instrument they don't really want to learn?

It's like asking why do people play Counter Strike, when they can just go outside and shoot people.

**** off.

They are no where near similar.
Quote by RearyGay

**** off.

It doesn't take countless hours to play the music that'll be included...

And people play Counter Strike because actual shootings are illegal and in the real world you have a risk of dying.
Quote by RageAgainst...
^no need to be an ass about it

i actually think it's pretty cool...it's much better than guitar hero at least

I beg to differ on this

Guitar Hero actually built up finger muscle, while this game doesn't/
Quote by zombie_monster
I beg to differ on this

Guitar Hero actually built up finger muscle, while this game doesn't/
well in jam sessions you actually compose music instead of just hitting different colored buttons when they show up on a screen

and if GH does build finger strength it's very minimal...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RearyGay
Explain.

Quote by zombie_monster

And people play Counter Strike because actual shootings are illegal and in the real world you have a risk of dying.
//
Quote by RageAgainst...
well in jam sessions you actually compose music instead of just hitting different colored buttons when they show up on a screen

and if GH does build finger strength it's very minimal...

It does?

I thought it was in the guitar hero format where you would play along to the music and if you mess up the back track stops.

I got noticefully better with my pinky after my GHII phase...
Jammin' is more fun when you have the feeling of actually playing your instrument. I won't be buying this (i also don't have a DS)
Quote by zombie_monster
It does?

I thought it was in the guitar hero format where you would play along to the music and if you mess up the back track stops.

I got noticefully better with my pinky after my GHII phase...
no i'm fairly certain you can make your own music with it...my guitar teacher (at school, not private teacher) is a bit of a video game nerd and he was going on about how awesome it was for an entire class period
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by zombie_monster

Pshhh,
only if you suck.
Good concept, stupid idea. Concept, idea.... are kinda the same i guess.

I think this game is for people with no passion. Just enough to whack around on a DS, instead of doing something worth while.
Quote by Derek <3's You!
Good concept, stupid idea. Concept, idea.... are kinda the same i guess.

I think this game is for people with no passion. Just enough to whack around on a DS, instead of doing something worth while.
but it could also be a way get people into playing the guitar
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
but it could also be a way get people into playing the guitar

Valid point, BUT! They should make it for bass.. You know how hard it is to find a bassist these days?
Quote by Derek <3's You!
Valid point, BUT! They should make it for bass.. You know how hard it is to find a bassist these days?
all too well...

yea that would be nice if they did that though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

meh, seems like a good idea so far. kinda like how GH spiked the popularity of playing actual guitar.

and bassists are a dime a dozen. give anyone a p-bass and an afternoon. instant bassist
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Mr_BTP
meh, seems like a good idea so far. kinda like how GH spiked the popularity of playing actual guitar.

and bassists are a dime a dozen. give anyone a p-bass and an afternoon. instant bassist
anyone can play the bass...it's very difficult to find someone who can play it well though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill