I play mostly jimmy page stuff and i cant seem to find a comfortable pick, what size is best for playing this stuff? or is it just preference?
its preference,
but i told allot of people to try jazz III from dunlop.
They didnt like it for about 2,3 days but now cant use nothing else....
Love those dam picks..
use whatever u find comfy.. there rly aint no "metak pick" and "punk pick" atleast as far as i know x)
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by crzywhiteboy
its preference,
but i told allot of people to try jazz III from dunlop.
They didnt like it for about 2,3 days but now cant use nothing else....
Love those dam picks..

The Jazz III is the "Everything pick".

If there ever was a piece of plastic to be legendary, this is it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
The Jazz III is the "Everything pick".

If there ever was a piece of plastic to be legendary, this is it.

+1. I've started using them and now I can't use anything else.
I have a few of them, and I love 'em. I would suggest trying a few kinds first, but definitely look at those.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
It's really preference. I use Dunlop Gator grips, 1.5mm, but am thinking about going a little thinner.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I always use anywhere between a 1mm pick and a 2mm pick. I like thicker picks because they are easier to play faster with and better for sweep picking. I know Jimmy Page doesn't do much sweep picking so I would probably go with a 1mm pick.
Quote by XXXguitarman
I always use anywhere between a 1mm pick and a 2mm pick. I like thicker picks because they are easier to play faster with and better for sweep picking. I know Jimmy Page doesn't do much sweep picking so I would probably go with a 1mm pick.

Don't want to sound like an elistist or anything, but I don't think you should arrange your style around what Jimmy Page plays or does not play. If you like using 2mm picks and are really proficient with them, then what the hell should it matter what kind of picks Page used. Just go your own direction with not only picks, but every aspect of your playing. If you like it, than use it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
i picked up some Jazz III's. Is there any difference between the reds and blacks besides the color? guy at the counter gave me the choice, but i assumed it was just diff. colors at the time. I like the picks so far. decent grip and good stiffness. I chose red, figured it would be easier to find them.
Quote by black_box
i picked up some Jazz III's. Is there any difference between the reds and blacks besides the color? guy at the counter gave me the choice, but i assumed it was just diff. colors at the time. I like the picks so far. decent grip and good stiffness. I chose red, figured it would be easier to find them.

I think they are the same
i use fender heavies for jimmy page. its wierd, cause in stuff like The Ocean, the solo, to me sounds wrong unless i play it with the edge of a fender heavy. just order some random sized picks try them for a week, and soon you will find one you like. there is no "insert guitarist name" pick. its preference
Quote by s.r.v.
there is no "insert guitarist name" pick.

There's a Joe Satriani pick
I don't need a sig....
Quote by black_box

there the same thing,i started on the red ones but use the black because it looks better with my guitar,its white with black hardware and EMG's so no red ..
Use whatever pick feels comfortable, the difference in tone it makes is fairly nominal.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence