Just about to be my birthday so thought I'd get some new gear. Ive looked at both of these MFX pedals and read reviews on UG for both but didn't feel they explained enough to me.

What are the major differences between them?
What other MFX pedals are there that are of same quality you would recommend?

Cheers Adam
I will shred in the end!!
The Pod XT is great. Especially the live version. If you get the regular version I highly suggest you get the foot switch for it. It makes switching a lot easier.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Epiphone Studio 10 amp
Line 6 PodXT - Should've got the PodXT live
Click for charity.
Well all I know is that Roland/Boss is putting allot of all into a small thing, and that could be quite handy, depending on what you need. I used to have a GT-6, great machine but never used it for the full 100%........30% would be more like it. For instance....I never used the "highly" rated amp engine's, only effects. So if you're going to use it as a pre-amp sort of thing, go for the GT-8, if not the ME-50 would be more usefull, they can allmost do the same things, but you really have to need some 'user comments' to know the real differents. Personally I'm using the TC. Electronics G-Major (19") connected with a Roland Fc-200 midi floarboard and that works just fine for me.

What kind of amp are you using?? and what do you want to accomplish?
I'd only get one as a direct recording tool. They suck tone from a decent amp. It's good for practice too (the gt8), but if you don't have a decent amp, you could get something nice for the price of a GT8.

Good luck
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
I'd only get one as a direct recording tool. They suck tone from a decent amp. It's good for practice too (the gt8), but if you don't have a decent amp, you could get something nice for the price of a GT8.

Good luck

That is incorrect. It depends on the unit and how you set it up. I've used the GT-8 with several tube amps and have not lost a single bit of my original amp tone.
yea the gt-8 can sound great on a tube amp. but its really OVERKILL in my opinion. but i never use effects or the amp models, actually i dont use my gt-8 anymore and i want to sell it... just never clicked with me or something. theres a pretty steep learning curve if youve never dealt with parameters before. good luck.
Well Enough Alone
I go back and forth. I sold my GT-8 because I needed some money, but I regret it. There are times where I love the sound of my guitar direct into my amps, and then there are other times where I want to get my Fripp on and I want 100 different effects going at once.