So for the past month or so I've really been looking forward to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth on November 23, 8:00 PM, at the Jobing.com Arena (yeah, I really wanted to go). Tickets went on sale today at noon for my area's concert. So I rush home home after school, and... THEY'RE SOLD OUT. All that's left is the $150 dollar seats. And I would spend the $150 in a heartbeat to see them, but I don't have that money right now, and I was hoping to get the $50 dollar seats. They sold out in literally 2 and a half hours (it's 2:30 right now).

I am so fucking pissed!

I'm normally very against pointless rants like this over the internet, but I had to vent somewhere, seeing as nobody else really knows who Van Halen is (around here anyway). And now that I think about it, I'm really more sad than angry.

Is anybody else going to see them or hoping to see them?
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
that sucks man, hopefully you can catch them next time they come to town
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
They went so fast because other people wanted to see them more than you did.
If you'd been really desperate, you'd have cut school for an hour to get them.
Just go down there and buy off a tout ?

You're bound to get one, although it could be a bit higher than the actual price, but if you want to go so bad, then you'll pay it
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Tickets for both of the Toronto shows sold out in 4 minutes.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by kosmic

I'm normally very against pointless rants like this over the internet, but I had to vent somewhere, seeing as nobody else really knows who Van Halen is (around here anyway). And now that I think about it, I'm really more sad than angry.

Is anybody else going to see them or hoping to see them?

Then how the fuck did it sell out so quickly?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
That fukitol thing just isn't funny at all
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
man you suck waiting a whole 2 hours, skipping owns, you suck, just pay teh extra 100 bucks, it's worth it anyways if you love them so much
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by guitaristdave
That fukitol thing just isn't funny at all

You're completely right...its just...stupid...

...in the pit?! NO!
Ah, man that sucks.

Good luck next time getting a ticket when they come to your area.
Wow, you guys are nice. But I should have expected this, seeing as it's The Pit. I said I don't have the money to buy the $150 dollar tickets right now, which will probably be sold out in the next few hours. I guess my best bet is eBay and scalpers.

And to all the poeple that say "If you were a real fan, you would have ditched school to get the tickets", fuck off.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
Wow, you guys are nice. But I should have expected this, seeing as it's The Pit. I said I don't have the money to buy the $150 dollar tickets right now, which will probably be sold out in the next few hours. I guess my best bet is eBay and scalpers.

And to all the poeple that say "If you were a real fan, you would have ditched school to get the tickets", fuck off.

Well, you would. Don't tell me the Stasi are guarding your school and shooting defectors.
Quote by MightyAl
Well, you would. Don't tell me the Stasi are guarding your school and shooting defectors.

Once again, fuck off.

Edit: Sorry. I don't really mean that. I didn't think I'd have to get the tickets as soon as possible, to be honest. I figured 2 hours was plenty of time before they sold out. And even if I did ditch school, I don't have a car, I don't know the city bus schedules, and my house is quite a way from my school across several freeways.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Last edited by kosmic at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by kosmic
Once again, fuck off.

You already said that.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Then how the fuck did it sell out so quickly?

That's what I was thinking...
Spiral Out
Quote by kosmic
Once again, fuck off.

Sorry, but here's the simple fact.
You can go to school 5 days out of every 7. Those tickets would have been available for at most 1 day. You made your choice, and that was that school was more important.
So no $50 tickets for you.
Quote by MightyAl
You can go to school 5 days out of every 7. Those tickets would have been available for at most 1 day. You made your choice, and that was that school was more important.

Read my edited post.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
Read my edited post.

I see no difference...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by MightyAl

You make it sound like thats a bad thing.

I think I'll have to join the threadstarter and say; Fuck off.
Quote by kosmic
Read my edited post.

Ah. In that case, I suppose you'll just have to save up and make a touts day. Which sucks.
If you have a craigslist in your area, look for the $50 tickets on there. If you have an active craigslist community, someone is bound to put up their tickets by at least this weekend.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie