This is the thread that is dedicated to Jon Stewart and Stephen colbert!!!!!!
Post your thoughts on the show, youtube clips, funny pics, or Whatever.
?!
i really hate that stephen is getting more attention lately, i honestly think that jon deserves much more credit and respect
I like the daily show better

I dont know why I just like him better
I think the Daily show is better, but Colbert is funny in a different way.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i love you TS...

if you can't tell...i'm a bit obsessed with Colbert but they're both great
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
i love you TS...

if you can't tell...i'm a bit obsessed with Colbert but they're both great
You?? Really?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I can relate to Colberts humor a lot better, John Stewart is just not very funny to me, but I think that The Daily Show is ment to be a little more serious than The Colbert Report.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
Quote by element4433
You?? Really?
i tried to keep it a secret but somehow the word got out...

i just love the act that colbert puts on...it's fantastic satire
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
i tried to keep it a secret but somehow the word got out...

i just love the act that colbert puts on...it's fantastic satire
I met somebody once that thought Colbert wasn't acting. I almost cried

Edit: ^Holy huge pic
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by grenade24
*massive Pic*

Theres no reason to post life-size pics. Could you resize that?
Quote by that_1_dude24
Theres no reason to post life-size pics. Could you resize that?

I was just thinking that. SRSLY. I really like both of them and their shows. Especially the several week fued between Colbert and The Decemberists. But it's kinda hard to compare them, they both have pretty different comedic styles.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I like both a lot but colbert a bit more. John is very centered around politics which i like, but colbert talks about a little bit of everything and i like that when i watch colbert i can get the latest white house news and which whale is the most indangered. He has a good balance.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Pedalboard
I like both a lot but colbert a bit more. John is very centered around politics which i like, but colbert talks about a little bit of everything and i like that when i watch colbert i can get the latest white house news and which whale is the most indangered. He has a good balance.

Yea thats why i like Colbert more. Plus i just dig his humor more than Stewarts.
I prefer Stewart because he seems smarter than Colbert. Stewart is actually giving the news, while Colbert is just a satire of cable news shows
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I prefer Stewart because he seems smarter than Colbert. Stewart is actually giving the news, while Colbert is just a satire of cable news shows
but it's fantastic satire

Stewart presents the news and shows his audience the comedic value in what goes on in the world of politics where as the Colbert Report is more of a production which incorporates current news and events

they're both very different but both very awesome

i wouldn't say that stewart is smarter than colbert though...you have to keep in mind that part of his act is being a bit un-informed
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Who was the guy who use to host the Daily Show before Stewart?

The Daily Show is more of a "real" news show while the Report is more of an act in a way (Stephen Colbert puts on a "character" for the Report). Jon can never keep a straight face though. I love both though, I don't think one is any better than the other.
Last edited by thewho65 at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by thewho65
Who was the guy who use to host the Daily Show before Stewart?
craig kilborn

not nearly as good as stewart imo
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
craig kilborn

not nearly as good as stewart imo

That's the guy. I saw a few with him a long time ago, but I don't remember how funny he was or anything
Does anybody else think Jamie Gold looks more than a little bit like Stephen?

<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
Does anybody else think Jamie Gold looks more than a little bit like Stephen?

He looks like an asian stephen...
?!
They are both funny in their own respect. Both are genius satires, its just they take different directions of ther satire which makes them so different.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by guitar_freak333
They are both funny in their own respect. Both are genius satires, its just they take different directions of ther satire which makes them so different.

I know, like Daily show is more serious, and actually has a realistic stand on things. Meanwhile with the colbert report, he is so far right he fell off a cliff. But if you have ever met him in teal life, or saw his interview on 60 minutes, he says in real life hes as left wing as they get. lol at the irony.
?!
Both are hilarious, and while Colbert seems to be catching more popularity, you gotta give Jon credit for giving him (and Steve Carell) their starts.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
Both are hilarious, and while Colbert seems to be catching more popularity, you gotta give Jon credit for giving him (and Steve Carell) their starts.

I heard hes gona use his status to take over the late show, or one of those late talk shows........
Me no wantz him 2 leev the comedii sentril.......
?!
Colbert is hilarious. I don't like the 'reporters' on Daily Show and the way Jon reacts to them (the speachlessness)
My day is simply incomplete if I have to bear the knowledge that I missed the Daily Show and/or Colbert Report from the previous night. I wear my Stewart/Colbert '08 T-shirt with pride, despite an almost absurdly low response from my peers due to no one else knowing who Stewart and Colbert are.
Quote by grenade24
I know, like Daily show is more serious, and actually has a realistic stand on things. Meanwhile with the colbert report, he is so far right he fell off a cliff. But if you have ever met him in teal life, or saw his interview on 60 minutes, he says in real life hes as left wing as they get. lol at the irony.
Stephen is acting on the colbert report...if you pay attention, especially when he is interviewing members of congress, it is very obvious that he is a liberal...the show is just a satire of right wing/one point of view shows like the O' Reilly Factor
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill