Anyone know how to clean something like that up? Some kind of buffer and/or maybe that liquid car scratch remover stuff? Thanks.
i have been wondering how to clean the dust out of my cab myself, but i dont really know.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
try with different stuff, and if you throw acid and make the faceplate melt, it will see great
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Pshhhhh,
keep it looking beat up
vintage

The heads over 35 years old, Thing's gunna look vintage regardless. If the car's got some miles on it, ya might as well make it look nice.
Last edited by kiennM at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by kiennM
The heads over 35 years old, Thing's gunna look vintage regardless. If the car's got some miles on it, ya might as well make it look nice.

What amp is it? If it's something that's considered vintage then don't do anything to it - people often will pay a LOT of money for something that looks vintage if you ever decide to sell it.
Depending on what the front panel is made of, you could use stainless steel cleaner and a soft cloth to buff it down a bit.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by kiennM
Anyone know how to clean something like that up? Some kind of buffer and/or maybe that liquid car scratch remover stuff? Thanks.
Something like what? Without seeing what the amp is, what the faceplate is made of, how bad the scratches are, etc, etc, etc, this question is meaningless.

Be more descriptive in your OP, and/or post pictures.

Cheers,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Pics? what amp is it?

If its worth anything sell-value then dont do anything that may make it un-vintaged.
Its an old Ampeg V-4, was passed down from a family member who says he got it in the early 70s. The picture here is not mine, But its the same model. Don't think i'm selling it anytime soon, if ever. It looks like it was used as an anchor for most of it's years. Sounds amazing and i plan on using it for awhile. Was hoping to restore for possibly a third gen bass player in the family.

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=v4cz9.png

I wish mine looked that good, the scratches don't look very deep but its really loaded with'em. I found http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=34, an Ampeg restoring website. They have all but my faceplate, so buying one i don't think is going to happen.
Last edited by kiennM at Sep 13, 2007,
Hm, I have the same thing, I say leave it how it is...