Ok, so auditions for my school's production this year are on Friday, and we're doing 'We Will Rock You'. I'm pretty confident I've got the part of Galileo, as I'm the best singer by far, but I've heard some people say that he has a cockney accent in most productions of it. Now, the problem is, I can't do a decent cockney accent to save my life, so basically, i was wondering if anyone on here has seen a production of 'We Will Rock You', and if so, did Galileo have a cockney accent?

Oh, and if anyone knows any websites or anything that may give help or whatever on teaching yourself to speak with a cockney accent, please help!!
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Last edited by Ferret19 at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by Mega-Tallica
I thought the Galileo part was in Bohemian Rhapsody not We Will Rock You?

I think they are taking about the show 'We Will rock you' rather than the song
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
The opera-type part is in Boehemian Rhapsody, and We Will Rock U is a simple, straightforward rock song. no need for a cockney accent.
Ye, sorry, should have made that clearer - it is the show I'm on about, not a performance of just the song.
Haha, does the swear filter block out cockney?

EDIT

So why did you bold it?
My name is Marc! Silly username.
I saw it in Toronto (Canada) and the accent was non-existent.

Great show, btw, everyone see it!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by NemesisX
Haha, does the swear filter block out cockney?

EDIT

So why did you bold it?

'Cause no doubt I'd have got a load of people asking what on earth i was on about.
play it as your own part. dont copy what other people do, or its just boring. people wanna see something new. make him german.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by AndyPandy
play it as your own part. dont copy what other people do, or its just boring. people wanna see something new. make him german.

I did try it earlier with a yorkshire accent, with the girl going for Scaramouche doing an Indian accent. Very strange it seemed to the English teacher going past, especially with the girl talking about being lesbian because she doesn't wear pastels (it's a line in the script btw).