Ive heard alot of mixed reviews for this
Ive heard its really bad from some and good from others.

So if anyone owns this guitar what do you think about it?
from what i have heard about the studio it sounds like you'd be better off getting a high end epiphone
not only will you be saving a few hundred pounds they sound better
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
i wasn't impressed, but gibson lp studios aren't as bad as they're made out to be. sounded pretty good, better than most epis (the only exception that i've played thus far being a jem of an epi elitist lp custom), but it wasn't what i was looking for. try one out for yourself if you can!
yeah and its definatly gonna sound wayyyyyy better than the guitar i have now which is ESP-LTD-M100FM

i wish i could afford a gibson LP standard :/
LP Studios are basically the bottom of the Gibson LPs. They have a somewhat thinner tone than most LPs (including most Epi LPs), their weight is simply bizarre to handle (neither waited down with a heavy body like a normal LP, nor an even balance between neck and body like most super-Strat types), they lose some sustain compared to a Standard LP... really their only highlight is the huge range of finishes they come in.

For both Gibson and Epi, the following rule should always be followed:

Never touch anything below a Standard. This means don't both with Juniors, Specials, Special-II's, Studios, Vixens, BFGs, or 100's. A Standard is the minimum you should bother with; any less and you're wasting your time and money. Next step up from that is a Classic (Gibson) or Custom (Epi), and is really what everyone should try and get.

And if you are finding yourself tempted by a low-end Gibson, think of this; for about the same money, you can get an Epiphone Elitist, which is better than any Gibson except for custom shop special orders and limited runs. The only thing you're missing is the Gibson logo on the headstock... which when you're on stage, only the first couple of rows will be able to see, and very few people will give a damn, or even know the difference anyway.

Take it from someone who owns a couple of Gibsons, a couple of Epis, and has played almost all the other popular models at some point in time. Do not touch the Gibson Studio guitars. They are not 'bad', but they are not 'good' either, and for the money, you can get a much better instrument from Epiphone, or better than that, save up just a bit more cash and get a good Gibson.
I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. It plays great, I've been complimented on it's sound on multiple occasions...But I adjusted the pickups myself, so that might be it...
However, the craftmanship on my Les Paul sucks, the strap bolt has fallen out, the plug has had to be adjusted more than once, and it's the manufacturer, because I take good care of my guitar. However, that's really worth it because I love the sound.

I've played Gibson Les Paul Studios and Epiphone may not be the same thing but it's pretty close. I say don't waste the money, just get an Epi.
Kattttt.
Quote by Blackrose911
eh i dont really want an epiphone

dont go hating on epiphones if you havnt played them

you may not be able to say you have a gibson but they sound a hell of alot better than the lower end models
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
dont go hating on epiphones if you havnt played them

you may not be able to say you have a gibson but they sound a hell of alot better than the lower end models

Mmhm, I agree. Plus, you do save a buttload of money.
Kattttt.
Japanese Tokai.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I have a studio it plays great, great sustain, Thick tone i donno if i got lucky or what but its an '03 one and i love it. (but i also play through a 50 watt marshall which might help.)
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
I've got nothing against my Studio. Mind you it's not an LP, but it still plays great. Good tone and excellent playability.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
i have played some horrible ones and some decent ones. Its not a standard but its still a great guitar. The elists feel diffrent then the studio so try them both out, and if you dont like the studio save 500$ and a get a faded standard or buy a used faded now