now that school started, i have to get up at 6. i know it doesnt sound bad but its so hard for me to get up in the morning. sleeping is probobly in my top 5 favorite things to do. when my alarm wakes me up, at that moment, i would do anything to sleep in. but once i am up then i dont really care about sleeping in. even if i go to bed early its still so hard to get up. i want to establish a routine so my body wakes me up at 6 so its easier to get up. how can i do this? or how can i get up easily.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by Steve The Plank
Go to sleep earlier.

A good tip for getting into the habit for waking up on time is to put your alarm on the other side of your room so you have to physically get up to turn it off, and once you're up, it's easier to stay up.

Listen to this guy, he's talking sense.

I also find that having Napalm Death, or Necrophagist as an Alarm Tone helps as well.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Go to sleep earlier.

A good tip for getting into the habit for waking up on time is to put your alarm on the other side of your room so you have to physically get up to turn it off, and once you're up, it's easier to stay up.

+1

I do that, it works very well.
I have the exact same problem. Going to bed earlier doesn't do it for me.
My friend said that he took a 6 hour nap one night from 3-9, was on the phone for 2 hours, and then slept from 11 to 6, and now he's waking up at 6 every day like 'LETS DO THIS!!!' and all awake and such.
yeah, I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, along with a seperate alarm somewhere else in the room.

I have a clock with a 2 alarm setting. One set for 5:00, then my phone alarm goes off at 5:08 then my 2nd alarm on my clock goes off again at 5:15. Thats my surefire way of getting up at at least 5:30. I have to get up early, or else I forget stuff that I need for school.
ha yeah ill try the alarm on the other side of the room.

its funny cause after i get up i take a shower. so when iwake up, i just picture myself getting up and getting in the shower, so i think im in the shower. then my mom comes and yells at me and im like. oh **** im still in bed.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by kaplac
yeah, I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, along with a seperate alarm somewhere else in the room.

I have a clock with a 2 alarm setting. One set for 5:00, then my phone alarm goes off at 5:08 then my 2nd alarm on my clock goes off again at 5:15. Thats my surefire way of getting up at at least 5:30. I have to get up early, or else I forget stuff that I need for school.

Hahaha, that would REALLY piss me off xD
Is 6 not that bad? It's horrible. I woke up 6:30 every day this summer and I almost killed myself.
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
just constantly force yourself to get up at 6 or whatever. for example, for the first month of this most recent, most unfortunately short summer, i would actually get up at 7, even if i had a vicious hangover, just because i was in the routine of getting up early
ha
i own you
i go to bed at 3 am
wake up at 6
=D

really i do
it sucks
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by Steve The Plank
Go to sleep earlier.

I use the alarm in my cel..Usually a song...it's so loud it's impossible to miss. I wake up at 5:15-5:30 in schooldays ...I don't think habit is enough..sometimes I still have trouble waking up..It's more about determination.

Just try not to take it too far..I went through a weird phase some time ago..I just stoped caring about sleeping..used to think it was just a mean to get to the next day.It sucked..After a while, i realized I didn't really dream (or at least remember that I did). It took me like 2-4 months to be able to do it again
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Last edited by tincho729 at Sep 12, 2007,
I place my alarm clock far from my bedside and I put the volume on blasting so it scares the **** outta me in the morning. Nothing like a good scare in the morning.
Dude... I have to get up at 5 a.m. to be at work by 6:30 a.m.. After work I have class from 5:45 p.m. to 10 p.m.. I do this monday through thursday. I work 10 hour days so I only work 4 days a week. It was a bitch to get used to, but you just have to do it. I usually don't go to bed till about midnight. As long as I'm doind somthing I can go all day long.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
I have my alarm set to an annoying rooster going **** a doodle doo.

If that doesn't get you up, I don't know what will.

Member of the No-Testicle Club! PM gangster-dolly to join!

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
At least you dont have to get up at 4:45 every morning, plus 3:30 a.m. this Saturday
Quote by Steve The Plank
Hahaha, that would REALLY piss me off xD

yeah, it used to drive me mad. But now I don't even notice the first alarm going off at 5 and I just turn it off while I'm still asleep. By the time my cell phone and the 2nd alarm goes off I'm usually awake.

There are the occasional times when I miss all of them. And I gotta get ready for school in 5 minutes. I hate those days.