so i put my 500mb flash drive in the computer andtry to save a presentation for school that i need tomorrow on it... i try to save it and it says that its not formatted, what does this mean why does it say it? ive saved things on it before
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Not sure why it's saying that, but as long as there's nothing important on it, just reformat it mate. If it won't reformat, it's knacked.
maybe the filesystem got damaged or something?

if you don't have anything crucial on it, you could reformat it, just rightclick on the drive icon and there should be a "Format" option

does it just let you not save directly to the USB drive?
try saving to the harddrive then copying it over
Oh boohoo poor you.
[/asshole]

Go to My PC. Right click on the drive. Click on format. It'll delete anything you have on there, but you can't recover that anyways.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

i tried formatting it and it started then it said "windows cant complete the formatting"
just drag **** on there, it probably wanted to run some ****ty program for putting files on it
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
then chances are the drive is ****ed or something else along those lines

no CDRs?
or you could upload it somewhere on the internet or email it to yourself via gmail or whatever and then download it at school?
yeah i emailed it to my teacher but i would still like to back it up just in case she "loses" it
You could always use one of those.......er........oh, floppy disks!
You'd better put it on about 10 disks though because 9/10 of them will fail when you need them most (Yes, this is the voice of experience )
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You could always use one of those.......er........oh, floppy disks!
You'd better put it on about 10 disks though because 9/10 of them will fail when you need them most (Yes, this is the voice of experience )

Yes, This Is True. I Still use Floppy Disks, I like to play with older operating systems. My USB Drive has a lock slider on it. Does Yours?
no it doesnt have a lock on it
Eject it on your computer and Reconnect it? Restart your computer? This is a very strange problem, I'm not sure what to do without being there, lol.